More BHP?!?!

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
You've definitely had a graph from a generous dyno. No way would you make that bhp figure from a map only, if anything I'd say you're running between 240-250bhp with a slight increase in torque. For example I was running stage 1 with stage 2 modifications (bar FMIC) & only made 255bhp & 240lbft

You can get 240bhp using VAG group tried and test ecu software with no mods to a 225 bam 1.8t
Then you can modify that software to 260-270bhp respectively

Last edited:

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
You can get 240bhp using VAG group tried and test ecu software with no mods to a 225 bam 1.8t
Then you can modify that software to 260-270bhp respectively

Yep by going to stage 2 but supporting modifications are needed as listed in my 1st post!!

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
No you don't need any mods to reach 260bhp. A simple stage 1 remap from someone that takes time to learn.

Research the Audi tt, you have the 225bhp version vs the 240bhp version.
The engine is no different an the turbo is the same apart from a egt sensor in the turbo, there is minor gearbox ratio differences but the rest is the same, intercoolers, injectors everything.

So please tell me why the 240bhp Quattro sport remaps to 260bhp as a stage 1 with no mods?

So a cupra r stage 1 can reach same levels as a Quattro sport stage 1 as nothing is different between the engine specs ;)

The 240bhp sw is a stage 0.5 in my eyes an should of been offered out like a "prodrive remap" and its safe on both 95/99ron fuel as its been made and tested by the germans that designed and built these engines.
It doesn't take long to transfer the important parts into the 225 file, I know as I converted my gf's 225 tt to 240bhp as I couldn't be arsed to tune it to one fuel grade and find out she's put in 95 ron.

Last edited:

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
There are a few re-map websites that allow you to input your car, and it will give BHP gains based on a stage one re-map...

I have just had a look and it says 40bhp + gain for remapping a 225 cupra R.. ??

Time will tell as i am hoping to get mine dyno'd again soon...... :D

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
No you don't need any mods to reach 260bhp. A simple stage 1 remap from someone that takes time to learn.

The engine is no different an the turbo is the same apart from a egt sensor in the turbo, there is minor gearbox ratio differences but the rest is the same, intercoolers, injectors everything.

So please tell me why the 240bhp Quattro sport remaps to 260bhp as a stage 1 with no mods?

So a cupra r stage 1 can reach same levels as a Quattro sport stage 1 as nothing is different between the engine specs ;)

The 240bhp sw is a stage 0.5 in my eyes an should of been offered out like a "prodrive remap" and its safe on both 95/99ron fuel as its been made and tested by the germans that designed and built these engines.
It doesn't take long to transfer the important parts into the 225 file, I know as I converted my gf's 225 tt to 240bhp as I couldn't be arsed to tune it to one fuel grade and find out she's put in 95 ron.

Well you learn something new everyday..... Did not know there was a 240hp Audi TT. I thought after the 225 model came their 3.2 v6.

Surely though it is far simpler to do what the norm do & go Stage 1 then stage 2 with mods?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

BAM motors ALL have egt... QS no different to 225. APX did'nt.
ALL LCRs have egt

What None of you are taking into account is The Age and Wear and Tear on these motors..

Yep the QS runs more boost, slight richer fueling and is 240bhp.. Run higher again and you have to manage the demand for more air and heat generated.. The biggest issue with these cars is their age and condition. Many dont make std power let alone respond well to mapping for more. There are of course exceptions, but they are just that, Exceptions, the majority of them are 100k motors, 10 years+ old, many owners later and have issues..

A good health std hardware motor "can" do 260bhp... I've had more but these are rare beasties and not the norm.

Last edited:

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
I agree with wear n tear etc, people should be more focused in good maintenance than cheap bolt on mods

I think alot of people would go for the mild 240 sw as tbh it drives a world better than the 225 sw.

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
So had a quote from Bill... Will be ordering a JR cone filter along with heatshield later this week... Hoping to get TIP sorted then aswell.

Eventually getting around to a cobra exhaust (again it seems the one to go for on this site)...first have to price it up :/....

Upper strut bar at the end of month as again, this has been recommended to me (not sure if I'll tell the difference? )

Thanks for all the advice so far ...Will be uploading some pics later (if the weather stays shiny!!)

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Strut bars are welcome addition. I found that the front lower made a bigger impact then front upper. Best upgrade for suspension is rear arb.

Cobra is good value for money (and sounds awesome imho, but i'm biased ;) )

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Strut bars are welcome addition. I found that the front lower made a bigger impact then front upper. Best upgrade for suspension is rear arb.

Cobra is good value for money (and sounds awesome imho, but i'm biased ;) )

Thanks for the advice - Heard nothing but good reviews about the cobra so looks like im definitely heading that way..

And iv seen strut bar on demontweeks for £65 ... Is this a reasonable price ? :confused::confused:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members