More BHP?!?!

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Hey Everyone..im Ashley..new to the site so thought id mix abit :D ... I have had my beloved 55 Leon Cupra R 225 for about 8 months now, Its currently running 276 BHP which is insane considering my old car was a 1.6 focus lol..it drives like a dream with no faults.

When i bought it, it had already been re-mapped ( Not sure who by :/ )

Everything is standard other than a forge DV and K&N air filter.

Im currently in the process of changing engine bay hoses blue ( I know this wont increase the BHP ?! lol ) and replacing certain pipes with alloy ones.... But that's just a little project of my own :)

Next week im going to be buying a upper strut brace and a new green filter induction kit (Never tried that brand, but have read they are very good )

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what i could do next to increase power? I know alot of people replace the exhaust but i absolutely love the sound the stock one makes.

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Thanks

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
change the exhaust, if you think it sounds good now it will sound even better with an aftermarket one. and an aftermarket is less restrictive so will up the power pretty well add a decat pipe and a front mount intercooler then youre laughing

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
more bhp means another map, but if yours is 280bhp then im sure any extra bhp wont be much as the k04 runs out off puff around the 290/300bhp mark

altho a map will give the whole rev range a lift just dont be expecting many extra numbers.

but for stage 2 your looking at a better flowing exhaust/decat, and a FMIC to help keep intake tmps down.

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Thanks for the reply, Yeah i have heard 280 was top end numbers of my current map, I cant imagine another map would increase in numbers a whole lot as you said... Are there any popular, recommended exhausts you know of ? << or again is this something that's down to personal preference.

Im also looking into getting a front mount intercooler, Ive seen a forge one for a few hundred pound, This will obviously benefit the car but again is it worth the money ?

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
change the exhaust, if you think it sounds good now it will sound even better with an aftermarket one. and an aftermarket is less restrictive so will up the power pretty well add a decat pipe and a front mount intercooler then youre laughing

Seems like the next thing on the to do list then !!

Yeah i really like it and always worried id get a crappy noise if i put something else on it, looks like ill have to shop around for a popular one.

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
A lot of folks on here go for Cobra exhausts non resonated if thet want a good sound. Personally I have a resonated Milltek as I prefer it a bit more subtle, still make a good growl under load though

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Hey Matty, is there any reason why you think that? When I bought the car along with all the paper work was a Dyno printout from end of November 2013.(just before I bought the car) hence that's why I know the figures. Does this sound like too much bhp for the few mods it's had done or something??? Sounds about right to me? :confused:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Up to around 260hp is the norm for stage 1 with no mods. Is the airfilter an open cone in the bay or a properly designed intake with heatshield etc? Standard Turo Intake Pipe?

Do some research with mods to see whats been tried, tested and recommended before wasting your money on parts that may not net you any gains

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Hey Matty, is there any reason why you think that? When I bought the car along with all the paper work was a Dyno printout from end of November 2013.(just before I bought the car) hence that's why I know the figures. Does this sound like too much bhp for the few mods it's had done or something??? Sounds about right to me? :confused:

because:
dyno-lottery.jpg

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Up to around 260hp is the norm for stage 1 with no mods. Is the airfilter an open cone in the bay or a properly designed intake with heatshield etc? Standard Turo Intake Pipe?

Do some research with mods to see whats been tried, tested and recommended before wasting your money on parts that may not net you any gains

Air filter is open cone with NO heat shield. And yeah standard TIP.... These things..induction kit, heat shield and a new TIP I will be getting by the end of the month. Other than a new charge pipe I replaced engine bay is as standard as can be presumably

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Do some research on intakes before spending your cash, Bill does a highly recommended TIP for example

zig

Dec 1, 2011
I'm pretty sure the stock air box with a good panel filter will flow enough for 300+ bhp?

I would spend money on exhaust and TIP. Even if you wanted more power than thus would yield your looking at getting forged rods to be safe

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise