What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jan 3, 2014
@robthebubble

How much did this cost you to make? Also where did you get parts?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
@robthebubble

How much did this cost you to make? Also where did you get parts?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well I got the S3 cover for £30 (it included the MAF too although I don't need it...I just wanted the original MAF housing which is integrated in the cover) and the filter was £40 and the other parts came in at about £50. Got all the parts from ebay!

As usual rob, top craftsmanship :)
Looks Sweeeeet!

I got an s3 engine cover spare, easy to cut out the bit so that it would work with my current revo intake? ;)

Will

Will...I'll take the MAF housing off your hands as long as you don't f*ck it up! lol If you want, I can take some close up photos of where I cut and also some other photos of where to cut to keep the S3 cover.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I couldn't have done it without your help/guide Jake. As you have said, I couldn't justify £400 on an intake! I'm thinking of making a aluminium heat screen and have it just behind the filter to help keep the engine heat away.

Could you coat the metal pipes in a layer of carbon fibre? And I don't meant vinyl :) Perhaps as an addition to the heat shield like the one provided with the Neuspeed p-flo

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
Fitted my new wheels earlier than I planned too, they are actually stupidly glossy, the photos don't do them justice...

e8uneze7.jpg

zy6ybu9e.jpg

asa9avyn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Could you coat the metal pipes in a layer of carbon fibre? And I don't meant vinyl :) Perhaps as an addition to the heat shield like the one provided with the Neuspeed p-flo

I'm sure it can be done....the other option is a 3-4mm piece of ABS plastic to match the rest of the plastic under the hood. Ultimately, nobody ever looks under the hood so I'd rather spend the extra cash on something else as carbon will be pricy!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I'm sure it can be done....the other option is a 3-4mm piece of ABS plastic to match the rest of the plastic under the hood. Ultimately, nobody ever looks under the hood so I'd rather spend the extra cash on something else as carbon will be pricy!

For the amount you need I can't imagine the carbon being too pricey. I'm talking about just wrapping the carbon around the bare metal pipes. Not for the actual shields.

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
Quick question lads, I've found a set of eibach springs for a mk5 golf, I'm guessing these would fit a mk2 leon?? They say pro-kit sportline, I'm confused as I thought the pro-kit and sportline was 2 different sets of springs, am I right in thinking the sportlines are red and the pro kit is black for the leon?? Would they differ on the golf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk