What did you and your MK2 do today?

adildj82

Yeah, i have to catch his act for sure...soon i will put a monitoring camera in my car.

adildj82

Tie him to a chair and proceed to bum his wife in front of him

wipe your c0ck on the curtains on your way out and yell "payback for denting my car!"

:D

*clearly the above is a joke.

Hopefully you'll catch him in the act and be able to have a word in his shell

Yeah, i have to catch his act for sure...soon i will put a monitoring camera in my car.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Just swapped my number plate bulbs for some non error LED's and once again it looks like they are throwing up errors, got the bulb icon lit up on the dash.

Very quickly tried the turn off and back on trick to clear it but no joy :( really seem to struggle to get any non error LED's for this car.

The car senses a high/open resistance to determine that a bulb filament has blown. Be interesting to know what resistance it would be happy with. Slightly irrelevant though because you can't put a low value resistor in line because the ecu will still see the high resistance. Low resistance value bulbs is the only way to go. Saying that resistive values of equal value placed in parallel with the bulbs on the circuit then the resistance value of the circuit halves but it seems like a whole load of hassle compared to getting the correct bulbs.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Washed my car today; saw few small dent marks & a scratch on drivers door of my car. Its all because of my neighbour who parks very close to mine & don't care when opening his car door. i don't know what to do; i need to catch him while he is doing this. Thinking of putting some camera in my car & monitoring. Please suggest if anyone has some idea..

I take it he drives a heap of junk. Make you mad.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
The car senses a high/open resistance to determine that a bulb filament has blown. Be interesting to know what resistance it would be happy with. Slightly irrelevant though because you can't put a low value resistor in line because the ecu will still see the high resistance. Low resistance value bulbs is the only way to go. Saying that resistive values of equal value placed in parallel with the bulbs on the circuit then the resistance value of the circuit halves but it seems like a whole load of hassle compared to getting the correct bulbs.

This is what's recommended by the seller should the bulbs error, to be honest I can't be arsed with the hassle, if they don't just work then I'm not really interested, can't be doing with messing around even though they do look far better than the standard yellow look bulbs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-LED-CA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4602194352

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
You could just do what I suggested.. Will take you all of 10 minute to do both bulbs and then you are guaranteed no errors cause there's a standard bulb inside the bumper...

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
You could just do what I suggested.. Will take you all of 10 minute to do both bulbs and then you are guaranteed no errors cause there's a standard bulb inside the bumper...

Thanks for the advice mate, sounds like a bit of a fudge rather than a fix though, If I can't get a replacement that just slots in and works then I'll make do with the standard units.

Only cost me about £6 so I've not lost anything in trying and I've got some spares should my boot light decide to give up :)

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
It's not that bad lol. Just get w5w bulb holders, scotch locks and a set of sidelights. Pull out the number plate unit, scotch lock the holder to the wires, put bulb in and shove it all through the gap :) I had photos, no idea where they've gone though.

aidiewright

Seat Leon FR 170
Oct 20, 2013
East Yorkshire, Driffield
Tie him to a chair and proceed to bum his wife in front of him

wipe your c0ck on the curtains on your way out and yell "payback for denting my car!"

:D

*clearly the above is not a joke, Give her a good seeing to!

Hopefully you'll catch him in the act and be able to have a word in his shell

Just corrected you Andy :whistle:[B)]

Last edited:

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Got my VagCom and started playing ;)
Daylight runners turned on (although these are just the headlights, scandinavian style)
Bleep from Alarm and changed it so the doors all open on one press (that will please the kids who I keep leaving standing in the rain).

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Got my VagCom and started playing ;)
Daylight runners turned on (although these are just the headlights, scandinavian style)
Bleep from Alarm and changed it so the doors all open on one press (that will please the kids who I keep leaving standing in the rain).

Isn't that last one just a setting in the MFD?
I'm sure I've done it like that

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Spotted member JAKE! I remember seeing the car afew times, and after seeing the above pics i finally put a name to the car!!!! Nice motor :)

Sad as i am i recognized panelcare from the first two pictures (no signs and not much to go off....)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

[M]ike

Oct 9, 2013
Under the sea
Picked up my new Leon Cupra today.. Love it already!! :happy:

CupraThuis2.jpg

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Spotted member JAKE! I remember seeing the car afew times, and after seeing the above pics i finally put a name to the car!!!! Nice motor :)

Sad as i am i recognized panelcare from the first two pictures (no signs and not much to go off....)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

When lol

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Well what have i done. Fooked up thats what. Been cleaning the car. See stubborn insects on window so use washing up scrubbing pad to get it off. No probs. see some on the bonnet and go to work

Holy shite didnt mean to use that on the bonnet. Now ive fine scratches all over it. :(

They wont polish out

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise