1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

jct 1991

GTI festival times

Polo GTi giving it some

best was

13.32 at 101.88

cant post any confirmation not had enough posts yet !

have a look on polonet for any confirmation

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
That polo ran 13.32 against me. My impression was it must be running a 2.0T engine because it was too quick to be a 1.4 + it was running into a strong headwind. I want to see the engine before I believe it is a 1.4 TSi. It ran with number B6 so if it wasn't a 1.4 or under it was in the wrong class. Ran plate Y21 JCT with DVLA, says 1.4 but I need proof. Happy to be beaten but only by a TSi engine.

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
That polo ran 13.32 against me. My impression was it must be running a 2.0T engine because it was too quick to be a 1.4 + it was running into a strong headwind. I want to see the engine before I believe it is a 1.4 TSi. It ran with number B6 so if it wasn't a 1.4 or under it was in the wrong class. Ran plate Y21 JCT with DVLA, says 1.4 but I need proof. Happy to be beaten but only by a TSi engine.

Pulled straight from his photobucket:

Also sounds like a 1.4

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
He's not running radical mods either,no more than many others. It's the huge torque of 250 with apr map and a cat vs my 230 revo with decat and larger bore. And We know times have slowed since revise first map where people achieved all the top times. Think We will see Apr taking the top spots now.......until my beast is finished. Did he have launch gte or anything?

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
Seemed to launch really well. I cant wait to see what times your 1.5 pulls Lucifer.

For me though, Track<Drag now

H17YD_L

Oh my god!! Are you serious!! He's got a 1.4 tsi polo, DVLA confirm it but because he beat you it must be a 2.0 tsi. Get real! New champion and well deserved, what a time to get against the 2 time gti festival champion, new mods needed I think!

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Fair enough, 3 years was a long time to be no. 1, the next question is - how long will the engine last pushed that far? The bearings were shot on mine by 13,000 miles.

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Oh my god!! Are you serious!! He's got a 1.4 tsi polo, DVLA confirm it but because he beat you it must be a 2.0 tsi. Get real! New champion and well deserved, what a time to get against the 2 time gti festival champion, new mods needed I think!
I've seen Polos running big engines so I thought this might be one of them, happy to be corrected - but you are not a VW Group fan really are you? with a jap car. :confused:

H17YD_L

I've seen Polos running big engines so I thought this might be one of them, happy to be corrected - but you are not a VW Group fan really are you? with a jap car. :confused:

Jap car?? That was 2 years ago, I've since had a fabia vRS tsi and now I've got an S3. You might wanna check the date when your checking posts

H17YD_L

How the hell did he get that time though with the mods he has. It must be Apr map

I think it's deffinately down to the mapping, it is really that quick, it can keep up with my s3 once moving. It delivers the power so well. The times on the day were all bellow 14 secs, 13.62 was the second best to the 13.3

Deleted member 49882

Great time, but to be honest though, I wouldn't want to push the mapping too far on these engines without other serious work being completed before hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

H17YD_L

Yeh they are very temprementle, but it's running a safe stage 2 APR map so really it shouldn't be too much of a strain on it say if it is 220bhp that's only 40 over standard but the torque will probably be around 270lb/ft. That's just a guess as my APR stage 1 fabia I had was 250lb/ft on torque generous rollers I'd say it was probably 230lb/ft true and with the Polo having the full milltek allowing the hike in torque for stage 2 it will be well over 250lb/ft

jct 1991

I think its just superior driving skill haha, Got to do another 1/4 mile day this year and get some track tyres on the worn road tyres I had on struggled to grip ! And the weather with a huge headwind will have slowed me down as well, So I should be able to take some more 1000ths off that time !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.