1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

jct 1991

If the track is wet, no one runs - it's a proper drag strip not an old runway.

you've got me scared now :-/ i hope having the exact same conditions won't cause you too many problems this time, but if your still having trouble i can always slow down a bit so you can catch up ! Ive got a video you can have a look at to improve your technique

im in the Black car and you were the slow car

and if you look at the third time down where you are .5133 seconds slower than me, this should motivate you to be faster, well thats a lot of food for thought !

see you soon lots of love Josh xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
you've got me scared now :-/ i hope having the exact same conditions won't cause you too many problems this time, but if your still having trouble i can always slow down a bit so you can catch up ! Ive got a video you can have a look at to improve your technique

and if you look at the third time down where you are .5133 seconds slower than me, this should motivate you to be faster, well thats a lot of food for thought !

I understand why you want to gloat and find it amusing but your car is stage 2 and his is stage 1 as far as I'm aware, i'd be worried if he does beat you.

H17YD_L

He was the title holder for quite some time with a really quick time and it took some beating, but was just about managed!

H17YD_L

+++ It was done on a day where most professional crews were saying their cars where 0.5secs slower due to the head wind. Gotta be a 12.999 in there next time lol

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Picking my car up from tsr after my second hand loba failed and there was also an oil leak. I WILL destroy you when I manage to get up to Santa pod in late July/august.

And BTW its completely down to aprs mapping which have overtaken revo with this car. I would bet that with ibizaracebrakes car and setup, if he switched tuner to Apr, he would also beat you.

jct 1991

Picking my car up from tsr after my second hand loba failed and there was also an oil leak. I WILL destroy you when I manage to get up to Santa pod in late July/august.

And BTW its completely down to aprs mapping which have overtaken revo with this car. I would bet that with ibizaracebrakes car and setup, if he switched tuner to Apr, he would also beat you.

cant wait for this destroying bud your welcome to the top spot i would love to have a head to head when you get it all sorted you'll have to let me know when your getting it on the quater mile i could potentially come down to have a play off. its there for the taking,

but i won't have to have a cry when you do because you'll have tune your car to be the fastest you can,
apr stage 2 is available to anybody willing to pay for it, so its not an excuse that somebody has chosen the best product on the market to win anybody can get their hands on it !

theres another stage 2 apr gti coming down so we'll see what times that gets to assess if technique does have any input or it is all down to the map < this could be an early de-crowning haha!

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Sounds good. Reaction etc dosent come into it because it only times the run when start line is crossed. Did you get Mich wheel spin? Also did you manualy shift in s mode or let it do its thing

jct 1991

Can't be giving away trade secrets !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

H17YD_L

Launch control isn't going to get you much on a fwd car anyway. Well except wheelspin lol

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
thats the whole purpose of launch control, it will have minimal wheel spin from 1st to 3rd gears and will auto change at the perfect rpm to match the dyno plot taking all human error/feathering throttle etc out of it. Gear changes will be faster too.

launch control dosent mean 100power off the line otherwise yes it would be a mass of wheelspin.
I can get this launch control set up how I want, ie with a dragstrip in mind.

H17YD_L

If you can get the system to restrict power to stop the wheels spinning yes, but that's basically a traction control system. Sometimes the best way! But like u say takes the driver out of it

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking

Let me know when your car gets a full feature /test/cover in a magazine. There is only 1 'first'.

Aug 3, 2011
Theres a PDF copy of the article around.

As For the polo. Well done but you ruin it with your ego a bit. Straight lines are a bit Zzzzz anyway. You had your polo on any track days?

Jay

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise