Lower+Handling+Comfort ??

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
as title says whats my best option to get the best of all 3

Low - i dont want to slam it just fill the arches a bit more. (+dont want the horrid back wheel pushing forward look)

the main thing i want is increased comfort + handling whats the best options (without spending over £500ish) to go springs/dampers? coilovers? springs?

im a novice at dealing with suspension mods so no idea whats good makes from some quick searchs , Weitec GT coilovers and KW V1's were the ones that came up however i dont know if this was best for lows or what etc

any help be great cheers :D

blackcupra180

Aug 4, 2009
fife
to be honest you wont get increased comfort from lowering as the lower you go the stiffer the springs are. I run coilovers (just cheap ones of ebay) which alot say stay clear of but i have no problems with and i have had them on for 3 years.

my cars on its arse but when it wasnt it was just lowered a bit with the coilovers and to me they were comfortable but when i had my mum in the car it was ooooo this is a bit harsh :rolleyes:

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
to be honest you wont get increased comfort from lowering as the lower you go the stiffer the springs are. I run coilovers (just cheap ones of ebay) which alot say stay clear of but i have no problems with and i have had them on for 3 years.

my cars on its arse but when it wasnt it was just lowered a bit with the coilovers and to me they were comfortable but when i had my mum in the car it was ooooo this is a bit harsh :rolleyes:

did think that , well mainly instead of improving comfort maybe i should have said to not lose much comfort :p haha ... mainly i just dont want to get some and not be happy with them haha

blackcupra180

Aug 4, 2009
fife
haha. Well i hardly use my car so comfort doesnt really matter to me but if i was doing alot of miles then it wouldnt be getting lowered. But am sure you can get top mounts which am sure lower 10-15mm without effecting comfort. (i think)

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
To be honest you'll struggle to increase comfort when lowering but from what you've said I'd personally say go for the KW springs and shocks kit or maybe some Bilstein dampers with Eibach springs.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
To be honest you'll struggle to increase comfort when lowering but from what you've said I'd personally say go for the KW springs and shocks kit or maybe some Bilstein dampers with Eibach springs.

Damian @ DPM Performance

if i throw comfort out the window , what would you recommend best for handling + slight lows ? (handling is def. the main improvment i want tbh :lol:)

Sep 4, 2009
I've been on standard, then 35 mm drop springs and now coilovers.

Standard definitely the most comfortable!

Spring kit, slight less comfort but not that noticeable, improved handling

Coilovers, quite a bit firmer, have to take time over speed bumps! But a massive improvement with handling.

You could just go for a small spring drop, then do ARB and bushes if you're after handling improvements

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Within your budget I'd go for the Weitec coilovers.

Damian @ DPM Performance

cheers for the info, think the coilovers prob the best then as the springs im limited to what they provide in height and looking at them i need it higher at the back (i think)

I've been on standard, then 35 mm drop springs and now coilovers.

Standard definitely the most comfortable!

Spring kit, slight less comfort but not that noticeable, improved handling

Coilovers, quite a bit firmer, have to take time over speed bumps! But a massive improvement with handling.

You could just go for a small spring drop, then do ARB and bushes if you're after handling improvements

well im on a cupra r so im already 25mm lower than standard and think mine comes with the front ARB , think i may go for coilovers then

Sep 4, 2009
well im on a cupra r so im already 25mm lower than standard and think mine comes with the front ARB , think i may go for coilovers then

I know that, but still spring kits available, just trying to accommodate for comfort.

Yes you do have a front ARB but you can get uprated ones and fitting a rear one makes a significant difference too.

Also see dolbys review on his car after he fitted a full set of super pro bushes, can make a massive difference.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344561

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
I know that, but still spring kits available, just trying to accommodate for comfort.

Yes you do have a front ARB but you can get uprated ones and fitting a rear one makes a significant difference too.

Also see dolbys review on his car after he fitted a full set of super pro bushes, can make a massive difference.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344561

yeh no worries cheers for the help like

ah right good point ill have to have a look to see whats the best the link you pposted is quick a good read tbh

only prob with them is dam its expensive XD haha

Deleted member 22032

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm buying some AP coilovers this week, will I have any problems with them fitting as towards my ARB's or up rating the ARB's in future?

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Im replacing my ARB bushes on my 01 1.4 leon at the moment, Fitted uprated powerflex ones. . Will see how they go in the long run..And other bushes/improvements i could make to the handling suspension wise without touching the struts and springs.

Will be fitting better/lower springs in a few months when budget and time allows.

Your local to me 24Sevenbiker. I work there..at "Spoons" Gordon Highlander. If you see a Silver leon kicking around Inver..Give me a wave

Last edited:

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
I went for Eibach pro kit springs becasue I was after pretty much everything you are and so far I'm really pleased, slightly lower improved dynamics and not too bad ride comfort.
101_0836.jpg

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Im replacing my ARB bushes on my 01 1.4 leon at the moment, Fitted uprated powerflex ones. . Will see how they go in the long run..And other bushes/improvements i could make to the handling suspension wise without touching the struts and springs.

Will be fitting better/lower springs in a few months when budget and time allows.

Your local to me 24Sevenbiker. I work there..at "Spoons" Gordon Highlander. If you see a Silver leon kicking around Inver..Give me a wave

how do you find the powerflex bushes? im either going for them or for superpro ones

ah cool , if i spot you ill give u a flash or wave mate :p , however im pretty bad at spotting someone , once my friend let me out of a junction .... didnt even know it was them :whistle:

I went for Eibach pro kit springs becasue I was after pretty much everything you are and so far I'm really pleased, slightly lower improved dynamics and not too bad ride comfort.
101_0836.jpg

the lows in your pic does look good how much does the eibach kit lower by??

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
There okay at the moment..done 20 miles in them...seems a bit better up front, not so lazy for want of a better word.

Yeah ill give you a wave as well. Im always parked up by the swimming pool or just next to the legion for work. Got to medel with the exhaust again today:(

miscreant

Feb 24, 2010
I got a set of ap coilovers from damian just over a year ago didnt drop the car too much just wanted it to sit a little lower, i was very suprised at the comfort level of them didnt really feel any different from the standard ones, corners well aswell, also fitted a eibach uprated anti role bars front and rear, but took them off after 6 months and put the origional back on as they made the ride very harsh and didnt seem to make much of a difference in cornering on the road.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members