Speedo

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I would love to be there and see the face on the guy in the garage after the question. "can you put a new speedo on my car as it exceeds the maximum speed that's currently on there?"

"what....why..how?"

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
'Excuse me, my speedo only goes to 140mph, I need a new one'

'What have you been smoking?'

I just love how buzz lad is adamant that his car can do 140mph plus, what a ****ing legend.

Last edited:

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
Pics+or+it+Didn_t+Happen.jpg

:whistle:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I'm actually shocked that it's gone on so long. It was clear from the very first post that the OP is so full of it that it's dripping out of any open orifice.

I thought it would be in the scrapyard long ago.

140MPH
myarse.gif

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Well to be fair to the OP, nobody has really offered him a solution to his problem, of having a speedo that only goes upto 140mph.....

I have that same problem..... But then again I know my car won't go to 140mph let alone past it.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
even this fails to answer it :confused:

Assuming atmospheric conditions density of air being 0.0765 pounds/cu. ft. and assuming the car weighs 4000 lbs with dimensions of 6'x15'x5', with a drag coefficient of approximately 0.2...

The terminal velocity of a car under these conditions would be about 52 mph. This is assuming it's falling flat. If the car was falling pointing down, the terminal velocity would be something more like 90mph. Obviously this answer will vary by changing the assumption

:think::think:

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I have that same problem..... But then again I know my car won't go to 140mph let alone past it.

That's not a problem then, or that's how I see it. My 225bhp lcr speedo doesn't go higher than 160mph,but I know it won't go faster...so it doesn't pose a problem. There isn't a solution other than to buy a new speedo,but then wouldn't it need calibrating or something? I don't se the point of this thread other than humour. If you want a speedo that goes up to 170mph, just go get one....or isn't it that simple?

DAZFR72

Apr 1, 2010
In The Van
What a enjoyable post well done everyone this has been a funny read !!! Why did I px my fr tdi 170 bhp for my cupra running 240 bhp standard? Am confused have I done the wrong thing !!! LOL

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
even this fails to answer it :confused:

Assuming atmospheric conditions density of air being 0.0765 pounds/cu. ft. and assuming the car weighs 4000 lbs with dimensions of 6'x15'x5', with a drag coefficient of approximately 0.2...

The terminal velocity of a car under these conditions would be about 52 mph. This is assuming it's falling flat. If the car was falling pointing down, the terminal velocity would be something more like 90mph. Obviously this answer will vary by changing the assumption

:think::think:

That's exactly what I was thinking too lol:blink:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.