PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks all.

I'll take some pics this week when i do a little work to hide the catch tank (remove it lol).

Over the next couple of months i'll be buying quite a lot of parts ready to take off the road in the winter to complete the work.

Got an AGU head ready and waiting whenever i want it, will probably need a transition spacer initially to mate to my smallport inlet before gettin a SEM.
Supertech single groove valves and keepers.
Supertech springs and retainers.
Port match to gasket on the head, nothing else really as i'll be doing the work.
New lifters, guides, seals and head gasket.
IE Manual timing belt tensioner.
IE timing belt gear dowel kit
ARP head studs

While the engine is out and manifold and downpipe is off i'll probably get them ceramic coated as well as adding a lot more heat shielding to the engine bay.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I guess if you go largeport, I go ported small port it will be a great indication on flow when we compare logs....

Cant really comapre tbh, log manifold vs. equal length, different spec turbos, intercooler etc... But would be good to see logs tho.

How much do you think the ported small port gave over a standard small port bill?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Got a few things to do over the next few days.

New vac hoses, I've either got 3 or 4mm vac lines bu they should be 6mm which is massive compared so will swap them this weekend and take for a spin to see if I might make any difference.

Also going to vent my breather under the car and ditch the catch tank to give me a bit more room.

More heat shielding on the coolant hoses off the bulk head and tidy up the resistors for the n112 bypass. Nothing major bu needs to be done.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Managed to pick up a 70mm S4 throttle body on ebay for much cheapness this weekend so i'll draw up an adaptor plate to get that fitted soon.

Also picked up new 330ohm 3 watt resistors from Maplin to try out.

Im so close to ripping this car apart now to fix but i cant as its on the road, on the hunt for a garage to rent to do it all.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
6mm was the size spec'd by Tial and Greddy.

6mm from the turbo outlet to the boost solenoid (greddy) and 6mm out to the top port of the Tial. 6mm to the lower port on the tial.

Ive also used 6mm to the Forge Supersize valve from the inlet manifold as well.

stock size from inlet manifold to FPR.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
6mm was the size spec'd by Tial and Greddy.

6mm from the turbo outlet to the boost solenoid (greddy) and 6mm out to the top port of the Tial. 6mm to the lower port on the tial.

Ive also used 6mm to the Forge Supersize valve from the inlet manifold as well.

stock size from inlet manifold to FPR.

Cheers Phil, not so relevant for me I guess as I have neither the Greddy or Tial items. I have a metre of 4mm vac line, think I will get myself some 6mm stuff too.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
There's a garage for rent in Pen-y-Graig, it's on Property Plus Wales estate agents web site. When I was asking about it think they wanted £80.... sadly the house I'm buying now only as a single garage otherwise if it was a double you would be more than welcome :(

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks dave, i'll keep an eye out.

Im still contemplating whether to get my head ported or look for a largeport head.

Both have plusses, i have a head which i know is in good-ish condition which i can get ported or do myself, but its still a small port.

Downsides to a largerport is theyre gettin fewer and far between and ive yet to see one go for less than £150, more like 200-250 on average. Plus i would have to either buy a transition spacer from largeport to smallport mani or buy a largeport passenger side mani SEM etc.. or complately change my intercooler pipe, which quite frankly is not an option.