PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Cheers

New turbo setup is looking sweet btw, jealous of the v-band downpipe. Take a bit of time getting used to the lag tho eh.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Massive thanks to Bill @ Badger 5 who kindly bead rolled my intercooler pipework yesterday evening, so maybe i can finally open the car up to see what she can do.

Ive ordered a self sealing 8mm take off to make a connection on the silicone elbow off the compressor housing to feed my Greddy solenoid as reccomended by TIAL and greddy, as my feed is post throttle body i think this has a negative affect on spool as the WG is only seeing pressure after all the pipework, intercooler and inlet has been filled.

Some further heat proofing will be had this weekend, gonna get funky with the sticky back heatshielding and comepletely cover the brake resevior, heater pipes and anything else i can see that can and will melt.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Massive thanks to Bill @ Badger 5 who kindly bead rolled my intercooler pipework yesterday evening, so maybe i can finally open the car up to see what she can do.

Ive ordered a self sealing 8mm take off to make a connection on the silicone elbow off the compressor housing to feed my Greddy solenoid as reccomended by TIAL and greddy, as my feed is post throttle body i think this has a negative affect on spool as the WG is only seeing pressure after all the pipework, intercooler and inlet has been filled.

Some further heat proofing will be had this weekend, gonna get funky with the sticky back heatshielding and comepletely cover the brake resevior, heater pipes and anything else i can see that can and will melt.

:thumbup:
good luck with it mate
keep in touch

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally drove it hard today, not for the faint hearted at all and im pleased to say the beaded hoses hav done the job. Fuelling seems bang on when i can manage to look at it.

I still think its overallyt laggy tho, i get about 10psi at 4k in third, still not got it going in fourth yet lol, but ive not logged it as im sure the clock is slightly different to the vag com logs, but at least i got some 3071 logs to compare it against.

Washed the thing as well. lol.

Mental car.

Last edited:

Poverty

Looks **** hot mate keep it up. Will we be seeing the car down the pod at some point in the future?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Looks **** hot mate keep it up. Will we be seeing the car down the pod at some point in the future?

Thanks.

I'm not sure, it's a trek for me and I'm not that bothered about quarter mile times, you're more than likely to see me on track somewhere tho.

Jan 13, 2010
UK
glad its all done phill, shall have to come down my way one day and see what they like on duel ;)

as we have almost same set ups

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.