PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks danny, yeah it feels pretty good to be fair. Will be better when I've finished the fmic and tip and got it on the rollers.

Pics in a bit.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Some pics, well 26 to be exact. lol.

Car outside draining the coolant and removing the bonnet, bumper and strut brace.

DSC04851.jpg

DSC04846.jpg

DSC04844.jpg

DSC04840.jpg

Matt already gettin pissed off. lol.

DSC04841.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Collection of bits...

DSC04857.jpg

DSC04856.jpg

Sump off and the new one fitted with a new oil pickup, couple of shots of my rods and pistons. All looked very clean to be honest, very happy.

DSC04868.jpg

DSC04867.jpg

DSC04859.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Wrapped downpipe, but decided not too as the wrapping would have been up against the runner for cylinder 1.

DSC04869.jpg

Turbo in place....

DSC04893.jpg

DSC04887.jpg

DSC04886.jpg

Exhaust photos....

DSC04899.jpg

DSC04897.jpg

DSC04896.jpg

DSC04894.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
And thats it, i havent taken any photos yet of it all finished up with the lines connected, ill do that tomorrow.

Whats left? I need a new intercooler setup, make a TIP up, but a new DV and thats about it. Ive sold the polished inlet so that needs to come off ready to put the black wrinkle one in its place.

I need to also work on some more heat shielding, want to get the INA coilpack covers as the wiring to the coils are quite close to the exhaust housing.

Need to keep an eye out for a EGT probe and gauge.

titchster

Had a little look round this at the hotel the night before Rockingham fella, really is lovely, looked well out on track too.

BTW, that rear strut brace is a beast!

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
looks a monster in its new home where abouts did you get to use the ramp then phil? my car made its debut yesterday has full mot and is boosting very wel just needs a tweek on the map and some fuelling adjustment and should be done, looking good though keeps jonzy buzy lol

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
The pain suffered/suffering was well worth it too see the turbo sitting in the engine bay, does the car justice finally! Still a long way to go with it, but hopefully the most difficult bit is done. Manifold was far easier to fit than expected, and the pipework really is a work of art and well thought out. All over to Phil now to finish up the install topside, going to need to get heavy with the heatsheilding lol.

Sure I 'heard' your car last night gaz, if it was it sounded mint.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
Thanks for that hooch. We sorted the oil and coolant hoses now, bit of a stupid
mistake by us. Lol. Once we figured out how the downpipe goes in it's real easy, like you say there's no need to undo the mounts.

Did you make up or shield the clutch hard line at the back of the engine as that's pretty close to the downpipe. Also the middle exhaust bracket, was that altered in any way?

You can tell they took their time with some
bits tho. Would have extended the downpipe a little more to get more clearance over the steering rack.

Also the turbo brack doesn't fit the AYP head I got.

stainless sheild for clutch hose covered in heatsheild tape. i just riveted it to the standard sheild for them hoses just made it bigger if that makes sense

middle exhaust bracket? the one about middle of car? not that i remember.

i ran ayp. do you mean it dont fit a standard rocker cover? because i ran a smooth one so that bracket is made for a smooth one

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Looking awesome!! would love to see this when it all done mate.

No probs mate, im sure you'll see me about somewhere.

Nice one Phil, good to see it coming along and without too much hassle either :) Are you going to run a SEM?

Largeport head, valves, springs, cams and a SEM will happen over the winter months, for now it will be run at a much lower power than it can make.

i took all the hassle. lol and plenty of it. this is easier than fitting a k03 setup

It did seem to go on a lot easier than the k03s. lol. Just hope it doesnt crack as easy as putting it on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members