PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I ran 630's with the S4 maf with 3bar map sensor on what I called revo stage 4. Ran spot on. Its not a production code, but could be made into one. I did have the SEM and 80mm TB, but that should not affect you too much.

I'll probably run the 550's @ 4bar with that MAF on stage 3 Alex, which works out at 616cc's, so not far off tbh. What you think?

Did you do any tweaking with Lemmiwinks?

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Didnt do any tweeking. Just sent a few logs to revo and the 1st map back was spot on. I would just say give it a go and go carefully.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
I sold my maf with the engine. I dont have any here, but euro car parts always seem the best for a new one. Do a search on here for a p/n.

jamiebennett81

Re: PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - Soon to be 3071 - Pics added pg. 28

jivejester said:
I'd love to know the answer to that, including labour lol

I would think phil is doing most of the work himself, and some help from the likes of Bill or Alex from BDMS for mapping

Therefore it should be a reasonably cheap bill....

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
So Saturday is the fitting day, plan is to do the sump and oil pump first and see what else we can get off on saturday then fitting everything on Sunday with a bit of luck.

I'll probably towing my car home to do the rest of the things like the inlet and intercooler connections outside my house as ive no need for the ramps to do that, so it wont actually be running this weekend.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Picking up the following lunch time from TPS..

1 x 058 145 757 C Oil Return Gasket
1 x D 176 404 A2 sump sealer
1 x 058 253 039 L Gasket (Head to Mani)
13 x N 902 002 01 Nuts (Copper self locking manifold nuts)
1 x G12 +++++
1 x Arch Liner

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
End of of day 1 of the fitting has gone pretty well. Started at about 2.30 and removed the bonnet, front bumper, oil and coolant then removed the sump and cat back exhaust. The turbo and manifold has just literally come off now and turbo bracket needs to come off now. Sump went back on pretty easily with a new pickup, didn't fit the new oil pump as it looked like crank out job.

So far so good. Also wrapped the top section of the downpipe in exhaust wrap.

Massive pile of bits on th floor at the moment from the car. Lol.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
How many cups of tea & how many open wounds? Otherwise it sounds like you just made all of the above up

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
How many cups of tea & how many open wounds? Otherwise it sounds like you just made all of the above up

Lol. Blood count has actually been pretty low this time round, think I got a few rashes on my forearms and a nice slice on my knuckle which happened within 30 mins of starting.

Lack of brews where we're doing it to be honest so that count is low.

Left the car with the new turbo/manifold and downpipe in place as I think we're going to have to be creative in how we get it in place as there seems zero room at the moment. Nothing a bit of persuasion can't sort out or thinking outside the box.

The oil line from the turbo to the oil filter housing also looks a little short and the colant return looks incredibly long at the moment.

Early start tomorrow and hopefully should have it all fitted ready to tow it home to mine to finish the bits I don't need the ramps for.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
That's the plan for tomorrow to get the mounts loose to rotate the engine a bit.

Gonna have to have a load of heat proofing as well. Lol.

I did wrap the downpipe but that had to come off to trial fit it. Was itchy as ****.

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
I've just washed up and my arms now look like I been fighting with a cat all day, in fact fighting with a cat all day would have probably been a whole lot easier.

Still for half a day work, we got a **** full done and the new turbo looks very naughty in place lol

Dropping the engine will probably allow us to get the downpipe elbow in position, but I just dont think theres enough room between the manifold and bulkhead for a 3" pipe. We're certainly going to have to get creative with the brake pipes and clutch pipe. I envisage blocks of wood and lump hammers being part of the tool kit tommorow, we'll just make some room

Last edited:

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i guess you was unare of the braided hoses i had to have made to replace the brake hoses near manifold.

also do not unbolt enginew mounts. there is really no need. it goes in easy, and i mean that.

also oil pump takes 10mins. undo the gear on the end of it take off chain, undo the 4 bolts and jobs a gooden

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks for that hooch. We sorted the oil and coolant hoses now, bit of a stupid
mistake by us. Lol. Once we figured out how the downpipe goes in it's real easy, like you say there's no need to undo the mounts.

Did you make up or shield the clutch hard line at the back of the engine as that's pretty close to the downpipe. Also the middle exhaust bracket, was that altered in any way?

You can tell they took their time with some
bits tho. Would have extended the downpipe a little more to get more clearance over the steering rack.

Also the turbo brack doesn't fit the AYP head I got.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.