Smoked rear lights.

Aimez

well one fog one reverse light, the reverse LED does light things up a bit more! They are a bot more expensive than halogen bulbs, think I got mine from auto bulbs direct or similar website or maybe ebay think there is a sponsor on here that sells bulbs would be cheaper to use them if so?

dionbee93

R.I.P - Colin McRae
Feb 18, 2009
Llanllyfni, North Wales
I tinted my rear lights with tinting spray. Around 5 thin coats of the spray was dark enough for me.
The crucial part if you want it to look good though. I set the lights up infront of a heater and gave them around 3 good coats of laquer to give them a gloss shine. I think they are not too dark and suit the car well. Better than my first attempt with tight anyhow! Haha.

Before:

photocanon-039.jpg

After: (ignore the warp on the drivers side light, clicked it by mistake while warping the number plate!)

Photo0013.jpg

If you want to know anything PM me.

Dion!

dionbee93

R.I.P - Colin McRae
Feb 18, 2009
Llanllyfni, North Wales
That'll look gorgeous on my car, considering how bright the blue paint is. Anything to add about police/insurance? I see you're from Wales, how does the Heddlu take it?

The Heddlu hasent seen it yet as I'm not 17 for another 2 weeks!
It's not really visible unless you have a standard set near them to see the different as they look so standard!

You have PM aswell regarding the step by step.

Thanks,

Dion!

Deleted member 13581

They do look good. That would be the shade i would like aswell.

Im going to the guy who tinted my windows and done the Fabia tomorrow to see about getting mine done aswell. Once i know when they are getting done, i will do a before and after for you all to compare.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members