Leon Cupra R or Honda Civic Type R

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
I owned both cars for about 2 years each. The ctr was standard. The lcr was mapped to 265. The lcr was much quicker and much more practical ( for family ). The lcr cost a lot more to look after. So just bear in the mind the after costs as well

R4MSN_86CUPRA R

Jan 31, 2008
Glasgow
Cupra r

its all been said already. but to get more perfomance out of your car a simple remap and its a completeley different beast. lcr is much easier to drive faster aswell just ask faisal lol. overall better build and as said plenty of times already looks awesome compared to a ctr which you will see every 5 mins

janners

What I think is interesting is that when someone asked about a Golf 4motion vs Cupra, there was a lot of impartial advice and some recommending the Golf, some recommending the Cupra. So I'd say we're a fairly realistic bunch and only slightly unbiased, so when people are slamming the CTR, it tells me something...

Funny enough it is the same person who started both threads i.e. me!

What you mention about the impartial advice - I picked up on that myself as I was pleased with the unbiased response I received regarding Golf 4 motion vs Cupra (especially compared to the same thread I put up on Club GTI forum!).

Janners.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funny enough it is the same person who started both threads i.e. me!

What you mention about the impartial advice - I picked up on that myself as I was pleased with the unbiased response I received regarding Golf 4 motion vs Cupra (especially compared to the same thread I put up on Club GTI forum!).

Janners.

Ha ha, oh yeah!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members