advice on tyre choice

daves ibiza

if you dont drive like a t... of course ok many thanks bud gina get some pradas on my compos ;) ready for new ca

daves ibiza

yeah i no thats what im getting them for . i heard they aint all that in wet tho:(

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
I have 205 40 17 pradas on my cupra, and i find them unbelivably crap in the wet. No matter how gently i try and pull away from a junction it just spins up and i end up going nowhere. However in the dry they are stunning, just depends if you are happy to take it easy in the damp winter months :shrug:

stupac

Hybrid Mk3 Power
Aug 10, 2007
Aberdeen, Scotland
I've had some Toyo Proxies in the past. They were alright in the dry, but in the wet didn't grip that well. Ended up going with the Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's and have never looked back. Grip amazingly in the dry and cannot fault them in wet condition either. Worth the extra money IMO. And they don't wear as fast as Toyo's etc.

Billbatov

Oct 31, 2009
Bedfordshire
I've had some Toyo Proxies in the past. They were alright in the dry, but in the wet didn't grip that well. Ended up going with the Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's and have never looked back. Grip amazingly in the dry and cannot fault them in wet condition either. Worth the extra money IMO. And they don't wear as fast as Toyo's etc.

I know the toyos are popular but i would not put them anywhere near a car I own Forgetting Yokohama who i work for....

Goodyear GSD3 would be the only other choice in 205/45r16

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I have t1R's al round and I find they hold the rear ok in this weather, but the front is pretty poor. For the price in the dry they're pretty avarege, I'll be going for F1's when they're due.
Tnite I didn't get much gap between me and a 4x4 cavalier turbo!:blink:

jamie_20vt

I had prada's on my 16v mk2 golf and they are brilliant in the dry but unbelieveably crap in the wet, i really wouldn't recommend they for this time of year!

Eagle F1's are very good in both conditions (i put these on my 205 before my 'Ring' trip and they are awsome!!) but ive found them hard to get recently as im told there being replace with the A semetrical (think thats what there called). any one else find this????

My 205 GTI came with toyo proxies and i have never bought a set as i really wasn't impressed!!!

Billbatov

Oct 31, 2009
Bedfordshire
I had prada's on my 16v mk2 golf and they are brilliant in the dry but unbelieveably crap in the wet, i really wouldn't recommend they for this time of year!

Eagle F1's are very good in both conditions (i put these on my 205 before my 'Ring' trip and they are awsome!!) but ive found them hard to get recently as im told there being replace with the A semetrical (think thats what there called). any one else find this????

My 205 GTI came with toyo proxies and i have never bought a set as i really wasn't impressed!!!
Yea GSD3's are being gradually replaced with the Asymetric (excuse my spelling). I can't remeber for the life of me but Dunlop did a Sportmaxx which was pretty decent!!

Mat

didn't like paradas, i've stuck with Toyo T1Rs.... even though I've just replced front two after only about 4-6months of having 4 new tyres (think tracking was slightly off, and track day didn't help)

motty_90

Jul 28, 2009
Ashby De La Zouch
i swear by t1r's i know i dont have as much power as you guys, but they still hold me well in the twisty's when im giving it some down country roads :) and at 45 a corner you cant complain :)

ive been running them, but all 4 of mine are nearly bold after 3months. They are a sticky tyre good in wet and dry just dont last long, used to run them on my 106 aswel. my bro runs prada spec 2's on his civic but dont think they do them in 16s

R100XET

corsa to cupra!!
Jun 28, 2009
sandown/isle of wight
i think paradas are good ive got them on mine seem to grip ok in the wet just got to know the limits.. and like said befor their cheaper then the goodyear plus helps when you work at a tyre place :D

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I hear good things from Falken 912's? Probee runs them and thinks they're pretty hot, same price as T1Rs on camskill.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members