Which SEAT TDI can get the furthest on one tank of derv?

squintsideways

Oct 29, 2009
Bedford UK
489 is the best so far. But only had it 3 weeks, averaging 43.3, but mostly town/ short journeys.
Altea 2.0 TDI.
Loving it, good run last weekend Northampton to Manchester, needed to do it in 2hr 40, did it in 2hr 25. got the dash reading up to 45mpg but spoilt it with some piddling round town.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
It should improve as the engine gets more miles on it.
My Ibiza (the only car I've owned from zero/low mileage!) kept on improving for a long time, think it was gone 20k before it reached it peak.

Yeah, that's my thinking/understanding of modern diesel's :D

I'm off down to Heathrow/Reading this weekend, and am in no rush, so will see what I get ;)

Only managed 43mpg this last 2 weeks on the commute to work, so looks like I'm only going to get 450miles out of this tank..... which is miles better than the 280/tank I was getting out of the LCR, and the ~440/tank out of the Altea :D

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
I have managed 600 in my Mk2 FR170, 'BUT' I do lots and lots of motorway miles. I average between 470-530 to a tank usually. I guess the tank is around 55litres, not really sure without checking. I do drive like a granny sometimes, but do around 1K miles a week, and as I'm on mileage payments from work, the better the economy, the more money in my pocket! The power is there when I need it though!!

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
It should improve as the engine gets more miles on it.
My Ibiza (the only car I've owned from zero/low mileage!) kept on improving for a long time, think it was gone 20k before it reached it peak.

Yeah that was the same with my dad's new 5-series estate, was doing around 30 mpg when he first got it (was companies diesel anyway so didn't really care), but now 10,000 miles down the line it's reaching high 50's on a long run.
Which is pretty impressive for the size & power of car!

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
I average mid-400's on 3/4 of a tank - I rarely let it run lower than 1/4.

Highest mileage I've had between fill-ups so far is 574 miles. Only modification when I was doing that was the used panel filter which I'd previously been using in the golf (ramair I think)

twig

May 5, 2008
Guildford
I worked out the Ibiza was getting around 590 miles on a tank a few weeks ago although I think I actually filled up a few miles before that. That was driving like a real granny for the whole time but I'm still pretty impressed seeing as it's over 11 years old now.

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Also depends on tyres too!

I'm only got cheapo Achilles tyres that came with car.

Now considering what to get next, Bridgestone or Falken.

jatkin

its a 1.4 tdi.. honest ;)
Areet fella's, be gentle It's my first time ;)

I've currently got a nasty Silver Mk4 TDI Cupra which is reasonably standard - On course to do 720-730miles at the mo, will post some sort of video at the end of this VERY long week! :)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Areet fella's, be gentle It's my first time ;)

I've currently got a nasty Silver Mk4 TDI Cupra which is reasonably standard - On course to do 720-730miles at the mo, will post some sort of video at the end of this VERY long week! :)

thats pretty impressive, vented i take it??

hugh_

Aug 25, 2007
Kent
The most I've got out of the current Tolly 130 is about 590, usually 530-540 though. Before I wrote off the Tolly 110 it was unusual not to get 600 from a tank and think I hit 650 once (and that was before I knew about venting). Tolly tank is 55l

hugh_

Aug 25, 2007
Kent
Also depends on tyres too!

I'm only got cheapo Achilles tyres that came with car.

Now considering what to get next, Bridgestone or Falken.

I've just put some Falken 452's on the Toledo, very pleased with them, slightly softer side walls than the SP2000's they replaced but thats no bad thing given the current state of the roads...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.