• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Iridium Spark Plugs 2.0T?

GazzFR

Ive heard a bit about these plugs, are they worthy of upgrading to? but tbh I cant see anywhere where they are sold for the 200ps 2.0T. Any comments?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
thanks, they seem quite cheap...are they worth it?

They aren't going to change the way your car goes (unless you're old plugs are knackered), but iridium plugs:

> have harder tips,
> last longer,
> perform better overall across their life,
> demand less voltage draw than conventional plugs (easier on your coil packs)
> produce a better burn (less deposits / unburned fuel)

If you think about it, in raw terms what does a car need to go? Air, fuel and a spark. Personally I rate NGK's as the best of the mainstream sparkers, and worthy money if you've been tinkering elsewhere. Everything feels a little more complete.

GazzFR

thankyou, ive had the stage 1 custom code done, filter, diverter valve, remap....just heard this is something to compliment that...??

GazzFR

I had them, but now using the platinum plugs, no difference.

interesting.... did you notice any difference from standard to iridium before the platinum? i know im killing this to death, just looking for wide range of opinion as £35 on plugs is the same 2 weeks of fuel for me!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
If they need changing then change them, otherwise I'd wait personally.

I do mine every 15-20k because I over-service the car to keep things running at their optimum. Spark plugs are 'supposed' to do 60k in a modern engine. Add modifications and hard driving and this reduces.

The new 2.0T can be a funny engine, and I wanted to see if it would smooth out my idle, and running higher boost with stage 2+ wanted to reduce the temperature of the plugs by one temperature setting. It's more peace of mind than anything.

GazzFR

If they need changing then change them, otherwise I'd wait personally.

I do mine every 15-20k because I over-service the car to keep things running at their optimum. Spark plugs are 'supposed' to do 60k in a modern engine. Add modifications and hard driving and this reduces.

The new 2.0T can be a funny engine, and I wanted to see if it would smooth out my idle, and running higher boost with stage 2+ wanted to reduce the temperature of the plugs by one temperature setting. It's more peace of mind than anything.

ok, these plugs are still fine in my car...i'll wait til it 3 yrs old, thanks!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.