Cupra owners - how many miles do you get from a full tank?

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Just wanted to see what people got from a full tank

Please include:

Driving style
City driving/motorways
Mods

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
My onboard computer says I should get 345 miles from a full tank when filled up but if you boot it and start doing anything from 80mph the car drinks fuel like a beast.

Trying to gauge miles on a full tank is just so hard because if you drive on your turbo constantly you'll drink sooooo much fuel.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
My onboard computer says I should get 345 miles from a full tank when filled up but if you boot it and start doing anything from 80mph the car drinks fuel like a beast.

Trying to gauge miles on a full tank is just so hard because if you drive on your turbo constantly you'll drink sooooo much fuel.

Not really what i asked. I'm asking for an average, like what can be achieved with varying levels of mods

Aug 24, 2007
stage 1 with cat back and cone filter, up to 380 miles per tank with mixed road driving. 400> if driven like a hearse ;)

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
330-350 here as well, and thats usually off 50-ish litres. I try not to take it further ever since I ran out of petrol (embarassing!!!) with the needle not yet touching the final line... Thats with a combination of relatively slow driving to and from work (back lanes from Hemel to Knebworth) and the A1M and A414 where I'm a little bit less reserved with the speed :)

Mods that came with the car when bought are a BMC CDA induction kit and a Millitek exhaust of some sort (not sure if either affect MPG really)

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Also just to add - the fuel guage is well out of whack in that the half way point is nowhere near half the tank (with consistent driving too).

Approx +/- depending on driving style...

Moves from full line at: 100 miles
3/4 line at: 150-ish miles
1/2 line at: 200-ish miles
1/4 line at: 300-ish miles
Warning light at: 330-ish miles

Am i the only one with this??? Bit alarming until I used enough tanks to guage it (pun intended :))

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Also just to add - the fuel guage is well out of whack in that the half way point is nowhere near half the tank (with consistent driving too).

Am i the only one with this??? Bit alarming until I used enough tanks to guage it (pun intended :))

No, they're all like that. It's the shape of the tank.

I get about 225 miles out of 50 litres.

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
LC with no mods at all.

Driving style is taking it east through town, I get approx 1 mile where I get to hit 60 mph.

On average I get about 300 miles to the tank :(

I havent driven it hard yet and I dont want to if this is the sort of miles per tank I will get when taking it easy.

This month alone I have spent over £130 in fuel.

Ryeh82

Sep 20, 2006
bradford
miles

how do u manage over 300?i dont always fill tank up ,sometimes half way and light comes on after about 110-120ish miles,so dont think id see over 300 from full.Mods are miltek cat-back,forge re circ,carbonio cai.Anyone else have this?cheers.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
LCR210, standard, driving usually fairly steadily on A and B roads, with the occasional *ahem* quick overtake, sees about 310 - 320 before it beeps at me. The next time I'm near a chosen petrol station it gets topped up again. I rarely see over 30mpg on the trip computer on any journey.

That said, I filled up yesterday and went 230 miles up and down the M1 as fast as traffic would let me (touching 120mph at times) and I got home to it still showing half a tank, though I know in reality it's less than half a tank

danny20vt

going back to basics

Snap! Mine is exactly the same on my run to work and back, although if I'm a bit more careful with the right foot I can get 380 miles, its no fun though.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Agreed. Half way is probably half of the tank, but we fill up way in to the pipe (whatever you call it), so surely it gives us some extra available fuel?

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I get 290-300 miles per tank. Mainly round town in rush hour and a bit of dual carriage way.

Best ever 380 on a long motorway trip averaging about 70-80.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.