• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

tdi sport 130 remaped no difference? Remap reviews please

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
Hi people my standard Ibiza 130 sport is superb but I want a remap so many don’t know which one is best
I wished there was a detailed review of all the big remaps out there 0-100 30-70 etc but there isn’t .

Anyway I met up which a guy from this forum to see what difference there was in power

He had remap from p -torque around 180ish ( 130 Ibiza sport) graph to prove

Mine is standard ( I think 1 lady previous from new)
There was marginal deference about the same I would say

(Did a detailed test , mid range etc on empty dual carriageway )

shouldn’t it be noticeably faster I know the standard 130 is still very powerful

Is there any anyone from the Birmingham area wish to have a scientific experiment to see the difference in performance? Lol

Has anyone got approx figures of before and after with there remap
0-60
30-70
0-100
Remap company

Theses would be a great source of information!

Last edited:

gus

Jun 27, 2006
i was the person who he raced and my guess is that your car has been remapped before, other wise you really would not have a chance against a standard 130bhp model..

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
im guessing its not as iv come across many cars
307 gti
saxo vts
civic type s

all have simular poerformance around 0-60 8 sec
just like the 130 sport

however mid range my car is slighty faster which makes sence on a standard 130?

also many golf tdi 130s my car is again slighty faster which makes sence

Last edited:

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
well i thought when i get it remaped the company whould know

besides id rather put the £40 into the remap rather than the rr

i still think its not remaped as iv had lots of hot hatches and this is not 7 sec 0-60

think i might do 0-60 , 30-70 tests just to find out!

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
i didnt think mine was remapped so i went to have it done first rr ran 161 he then removed the map and ran a 134 so he put his on map on and it ran a 174 unless ya get in another 130 you prob wont no really.

SteveC123

Torquing TDI
Jul 5, 2009

They will... when they run it up on the rollers.

I would ask a mapping company if they're prepared to run it up on the rollers, and if it's then proven to be mapped, they just charge you for the dyno run... if not, then they carry on and map it.

i still think its not remaped as iv had lots of hot hatches and this is not 7 sec 0-60

They're 9.3 to 60 standard... just how much quicker do you expect it to be on the strength of just a remap?

Not every car performs the same... and yours might be mapped but have something up with it that's stopping it from making as much power as it otherwise should.

So with that in mind, get it dyno'ed first... and be realistic about the gains you reckon you should be seeing with it mapped as well.

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Easiest thing to do would be to get hooked up with VAGCOM (VCDS) and take a look to measuring block 11....

If it makes stock 1.35bar of boost, then its not remapped, if it makes between 1.5-1.6bar continuosly, then its no more stock ecu mapping....

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009

You'll need more than a remap to get to 7 seconds! Over 9 secs standard remember. 0-60 means sod all, unless that is all you do at traffic lights.

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Dynoplots are not worth the paper they are printed on, unless you use it for before/after confirmation and know who is operating the rollers.

To check if it is remapped like i said just hook up with vagcom and check boost or get a boost gauge, which should anyway be found in every modified turbocharged engine...

Reg, alex

antnee

Dynoplots are not worth the paper they are printed on, unless you use it for before/after confirmation and know who is operating the rollers.

To check if it is remapped like i said just hook up with vagcom and check boost or get a boost gauge, which should anyway be found in every modified turbocharged engine...

Reg, alex

Finally someone else who knows RR figures are just pub talk!

Best way to tell is 1/4mile! Why have xxxbhp is you cant use it? All very well having 400bhp but if someone with a well mapped car producing 300bhp for a longer period and a better set up car it will beat the one with a higher bhp figure.

AFAIK, the quickest stage 1 pd130 ibiza was t.sparks, which ran a 14.7 or .8, standard is around high 15's/16secs (i think!)

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
I have a map and a Green cotton panel filter and pulled a 6.4 0-60 and a 14.9 1/4 mile.. not that hard to do.

Would like to see that. Where did you make up 3 seconds from? Sounds like the testing equipment is well out!

CrossyR

Hi, Im Ron Burgundy
Sep 13, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Would like to see that. Where did you make up 3 seconds from? Sounds like the testing equipment is well out!

York raceway. Its a very popular raceway up north so if the equipment was out, they would have known about it way before now. the car was totally stripped at the back, no door cards, seats, trims, seatbelts, spare wheel etc. Cant have done too bad considering i got the time against a modified CTR which ran a slower time ;)

I also have all the time sheets from the numerous runs i did..

Edit: Also, theres a guy on here with a naughty Blue leon cupra with Launch control running stupidly fast times.. Im sure he can vouch for me ;)

Last edited:

SteveC123

Torquing TDI
Jul 5, 2009
Finally someone else who knows RR figures are just pub talk!

Humm... depends really.

As previously pointed out, they're all 'relative' as it were; you need to do before and after mapping / modding runs to see just how much difference any tweaks have made.

That, and things like tyre pressures can make a difference, as does ambient temperature etc, in terms of variables that can make the same car give different readings on different days.

So long as you view the figures as a guide rather than definitive proof, it's all good... and particularly relevant if you have a club day down at a rolling road and want to know who has the biggest willie to wave. :p

Best way to tell is 1/4mile! Why have xxxbhp is you cant use it? All very well having 400bhp but if someone with a well mapped car producing 300bhp for a longer period and a better set up car it will beat the one with a higher bhp figure.

Not necessarily; the better car could be beaten by the lesser car if the latter has a better driver.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.