• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Abs bleeding procedure

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
where did you get your pump from bud if i do decide to change it im not paying silly money from seat and do you have part numbers as ive heard you can mix and match off of skodas and audi and so on.

May 16, 2008
southampton
where did you get your pump from bud if i do decide to change it im not paying silly money from seat and do you have part numbers as ive heard you can mix and match off of skodas and audi and so on.

ebay mate i am well happy with it i paid 40quid posted it is second hand but works, i just got back in from bleeding all 4 wheels again cause havent done it since a good pedal, and its brilliant now rock solid only travels 1" max till solid ...

the pump part number is 1j0 614 417 a ecu bit is 1j0 907 379 af but double check yours mate..

May 16, 2008
southampton
i have got bad brakes again ever since i bleed them yesterday they were ok before after fitting the abs pump last week, and i bleed them yesterday and they was good the first few time i pressed the pedal now there bad again, i wish i left them alone..

May 16, 2008
southampton
right ok took it there this morning and got it back now they said they bleed it and pushed all pistons back in and took driveshafts out and done the full works but they reacon its the front drive side slide pin causing it to stick and not release.. so i came home and fitted the oe slide pins on that side and need to take it out for a drive , i did change all 4 front slide pins 6months ago cause of a seized one .. ill let you know about 8.30pm if slide pin fixed it ..

May 16, 2008
southampton
right still no better and its been in the garage again today now im gettin really p****d off now ...
all they keey sayin is my front caliper carrier is worn causing the pedal to be spongey

May 16, 2008
southampton
i put a slighlty larger slide pin in the carrier and it has cured the problem there is loads of play with the standard pins a few mm to small and worn so the garage was right .. now i need to get some larger slide pins to fully fix the problem or new carriers and pins both sides..

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)