ITG CAI Review (For Leon Cupra Mk2) **NOW WITH VIDEO FOOTAGE**

with regards to the exhaust I want a little more noise from mine and i've convinced myself that its blowing. I don't want to go down the milltek route, i'm considering Jetex and Pipewerx possibly blueflame, the only reason why i would consider the Milltek is because i think the Oval tailpipe looks perfect.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
ok enlighten me please on pipewerx

i contacted blueflame , top guys and can do a group buy if we want.
full system was around £800 iirc and 3" all the way through :D

warren_cox

Back from the dead
ok enlighten me please on pipewerx

i contacted blueflame , top guys and can do a group buy if we want.
full system was around £800 iirc and 3" all the way through :D

Pipewerx is run by ex-Dubsport eccentric Ian Birch.

He's made twin engined Mk1 Golf's
cf59.jpg

and VR6 Lupo's

IMG_3680_copy_small.jpg

He used to supply a lot of Blueflame exhausts (had one on a valver years ago), but has recently set up an outfit called Pipewerx where they make bespoke and off the shelf exhausts for a reasonable fee.

I was quoted a grand for DP / Cats / Cat back, but then the S3 pipework has a different routing to the Leon due to the Haldex system.

Only initial chats so far, and don't think he will be doing much in the way of a GB on the S3 as most owners will only touch Milltek.

It very much depends on what deals come out, and I am keeping an eye on the companies that occasionally do limited period reductions on full systems. I would buy one in that case, but am not so desperate that I will pay full RRP just yet.

Poverty

I agree milly is too expensive, plus everyone has one and I dont want the same as everyone else as that is boring.

Full TBE can be had for £500 fully fitted if your good at bargaining and go to the right places.

Full review against stock vs milltek vs hybrid soon to follow.

RedRobin

I agree milly is too expensive, plus everyone has one and I dont want the same as everyone else as that is boring.

Full TBE can be had for £500 fully fitted if your good at bargaining and go to the right places.

Full review against stock vs milltek vs hybrid soon to follow.

....Hearing subs boom booming like so many others down the street is pretty boring too! I'm surprised you would hear any exhaust. But, each to their own.

I don't suppose you know much about the recent legislation about exhaust catalysts - Choose your products carefully.

I look forward to reading your review.

[B)]

Poverty

....Hearing subs boom booming like so many others down the street is pretty boring too! I'm surprised you would hear any exhaust. But, each to their own.

I don't suppose you know much about the recent legislation about exhaust catalysts - Choose your products carefully.

I look forward to reading your review.

[B)]

My booming days are over. Did the whole stupidly loud bass thing in the first car, when all I could insure was a 1.4 and I was 18. My system was far from the average though aswell. Its all been sold now, with the subs making me a profit infact :D

After performance now that I have the cupra, and therefore running a stock sound system.

Im interested to know more about the recent regs about catalysts.

Are some companies cats going to be troublesome law wise in the future or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRobin

Are some companies cats going to be troublesome law wise in the future or something?

....Sorry about my sub comments - I can be a bit outspoken with my opinions sometimes. It comes with being in my 60's!

The regs came into law in August and there was very little prior consultation with the industry. It's horribly complicated as you can imagine but in short, some company's cats aren't going to be legal without individual certificates. It's mad! Feckin' bureaucracy!!

:)

RedRobin

^^^^
I love bass! I am actually a musician among other things.

[B)]

Poverty

....Sorry about my sub comments - I can be a bit outspoken with my opinions sometimes. It comes with being in my 60's!

The regs came into law in August and there was very little prior consultation with the industry. It's horribly complicated as you can imagine but in short, some company's cats aren't going to be legal without individual certificates. It's mad! Feckin' bureaucracy!!

:)

No worries, oh well the new regs wont be changing anything for my situation with my plans

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Warren, have you played about with your settings since having the intake on? i would imagine the car will run much better on the aggressive settings i.e B9 T6 F6?

At first i was hoping to get a 'quiet' CAI but now i'm not too fussed, im rather looking forward to the extra noise. When you have a quick car i think it deserves to be heard!

RedRobin

^^^^
If you are looking to enjoy extra 'noise' I can strongly recommend going for a full set of aftermarket engine mounts - It adds glorious Grrrrrrrrrrr!! sounds and also, importantly, greatly reduces engine movement and helps deliver your power to the road.

Trouble is that some wifeys/girlfriends/partners might not like that sort of thing - In which case, they should buy their own feckin car!

:whistle:

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
^^^^
If you are looking to enjoy extra 'noise' I can strongly recommend going for a full set of aftermarket engine mounts - It adds glorious Grrrrrrrrrrr!! sounds and also, importantly, greatly reduces engine movement and helps deliver your power to the road.

Trouble is that some wifeys/girlfriends/partners might not like that sort of thing - In which case, they should buy their own feckin car!

Sound like a worthy addition the uprated mounts, which ones did you go with?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
^^^^

Hi mate thought it would only be a matter of time that we saw you on this forum, see you on all the other vag forums , welcome :)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
My booming days are over. Did the whole stupidly loud bass thing in the first car, when all I could insure was a 1.4 and I was 18. My system was far from the average though aswell. Its all been sold now, with the subs making me a profit infact :D

After performance now that I have the cupra, and therefore running a stock sound system.

it wont last mate and you know it.
im 39 and the sound system had to go in !
easyily removed for track days and 1/4 mile runs :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members