Cupra intakes on a FR derv

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Guys and gals

This topic has been covered many times, is there a significant improvement with swapping the standard fr intake for the larger cupra ones - I will also be fitting a green cotton filter.

Whats ort of improvement am i looking at.

SteveC123

Torquing TDI
Jul 5, 2009
yes it might help increase air in. but your only likely to gain 2-5ish bhp out of it

Ok... so if you had the car mapped and did the intake mod... and had it decatted... and got rid of the EGR as well... what kind of extra gains overall would you get (ignoring the extra BHP from the actual mapping).

I'm just curious at the mo as to what to bother doing bar the obvious, as in getting it mapped, to my car in order to get sensible gains for minimal effort / cost.

Would like a Forge FMIC, but they're not exactly cheap. :)

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Ok... so if you had the car mapped and did the intake mod... and had it decatted... and got rid of the EGR as well... what kind of extra gains overall would you get (ignoring the extra BHP from the actual mapping).

I'm just curious at the mo as to what to bother doing bar the obvious, as in getting it mapped, to my car in order to get sensible gains for minimal effort / cost.

Would like a Forge FMIC, but they're not exactly cheap. :)

well my FR tdi '57' plate remapped to 180bhp with just a green panel filter which is pretty good haha.

think of it this way a green filter and pd160 intake will give you at max 5bhp like an induction kit.

decatting, removing EGR your still only going to gain prob 10bhp max tbh. the key thing is it make the breathing system less restrictive which mean the turbo will spool quicker giving you less turbo lag.

if you want a front mount buy the seat sport one from a cupra and a forge pipe work kit as it has been proven to be good for over 300bhp and runs cooler then the forge one and its cheaper;)

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
so if you did the decat and EGR removal you only likely to make at a push 190bhp on a stage one map, if you have the later BLT engine

SteveC123

Torquing TDI
Jul 5, 2009
so if you did the decat and EGR removal you only likely to make at a push 190bhp on a stage one map, if you have the later BLT engine

I've got the ASR engine in mine.

Should be getting it mapped in the next couple of days, all being well.

My Passat 130 mapped to 173bhp and that felt pretty quick to be honest, and did me proud on a trackday compared to stuff like Saxos etc. :)

I'm not fussed about getting *massive* amounts of power out of this... the Passat to be honest was pretty much spot on for my needs poke wise, as in it was a lot more flexible than standard once mapped as well as quicker, yet still did 50+mpg if you drove it sensibly... but if I can get more reliable power out of this for minimal effort then I might as well get it. :)

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
i think you lot have answered my questions. The plan is to get a jabba remap in a few months once the house is paid for and turbo lag does chuff me off so I'll plum for the intake once its remaped.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise