engine wont start fault code 01314

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
cars been spot on for a while now was fittng a fron lower strut brace today and when i gave up trying to undo the bolts i whent to start my car i forgot i left it in gear so it juted foward sightly anyway took it out of gear whent to start it agian and all it will do now is turn over...all i can get on the vag com is code (01314 engine control module)

can any help me out on this one as to what has happend and what i need to to,do i just need to replace this,any ider on cost ect ect

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
cars been spot on for a while now was fittng a fron lower strut brace today and when i gave up trying to undo the bolts i whent to start my car i forgot i left it in gear so it juted foward sightly anyway took it out of gear whent to start it agian and all it will do now is turn over...all i can get on the vag com is code (01314 engine control module)

can any help me out on this one as to what has happend and what i need to to,do i just need to replace this,any ider on cost ect ect

Check the ecu connections its located under the scuttle panel mate

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
We tried the ecu mate all looks ok, Peachey a did a search and some say it could be a MAF so it might be worth trying a new one of them first.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
spark ok i think,had the coil packs of and the spark plugs out...bot there was only fuel in one of the lines

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i have checked all the fuse

are these relays the ones above the fuse back abit,wich one should i be looking at?

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
would the relay forr the fuel pump be the one with 167 on it?

defo cant hear the fuel pump or feel it working

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
You won't be able to just swap the ECU's over, you'll need to follow the procedure to re-code them to talk to the immobiliser etc - it can be done but it's not a 3 minute job. You'll then have to swap it back.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
just got back from ibiza and have tomorow and fri off work and am going to set about trying to get my caR running what should i do first and what of things should i be looking at,

any help on this would realy be very much appreciated as im at a bit of a lose end now

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.