KW Variant 1 coil-overs - Cupra 1P fitted by Awesome GTI

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Excellent write up Zboyd and I'm well impressed with the ride height of your Cupra now. It makes a standard Cupra look like a 4x4.

Enjoy.....

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Very nice!! I like the look, sometimes I think I should have gone for the same set up as I would like the rear of my car to look a bit lower than it is now (the height of the front is perfect though)
Great look.
Alex

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Great to see another driver loving their KW V1's. I've had mine for about 5 months now, but i was very lucky as i got mine just before KW increased their prices. I got KW v1's (inox) with Eibach ARBs for £1128 including fitting and 4-wheel laser alignment. As the ARBs were about £300, i got my KW's for just over £700 as fitting was about £100. They are more expensive now, but I would still say that they are worth it, provided they are fitted properly.

I'm sure you'll have many many more miles of fun with you new set-up, just i have all the time :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
A few more pics as promised.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Looks great now with the low ride height and 19's.[B)][B)]

You not fancy the black grill and black badge at the front? Would make it look very mean.

I'm not so sure the black grille works that well on a black Cupra, I like the fact the chrome breaks it up a little.

However today finally got round to fitting my Linea R grille.

main.php

As I have a spare S badge now with my old grille. I may experiment with painting it gloss black to fit inside the Linea R grille.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Stance on the car looks good Mark. Not keen on the Linea R grille, but thats a personal thing. You are maybe right about the black grille on your car though, especially with the silver wheels :)

I understand the exhaust on your car is no longer available which is a bummer as I was pretty keen on getting one based on what I have seen and heard about it. Looking forward to hearing yours at the meet in July :)

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I'm not so sure the black grille works that well on a black Cupra, I like the fact the chrome breaks it up a little.

However today finally got round to fitting my Linea R grille.

main.php

As I have a spare S badge now with my old grille. I may experiment with painting it gloss black to fit inside the Linea R grille.

Why not paint it anthrecite to go with the wheels, Mark?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It could go a bit lower but it would handle like a greasy weasel and the 19" rims would rub inside the arches.

I've actually had it raised a bit at the rears since I did this thread, so I'd say its more like a 40-50mm drop now.

Variant 3's would give more adjustment, but they are more money than I wanted to spend.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise