PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Yeah it is, im gonna see what its like without it first of all tho. If i do get one it will be the same as dinky daves, but with the logo in white.

My logo is going white and red soon phil, tomorow hopefully if byron's sorted it :)

Have you rung Martin to see if he could get the flywheel sorted for you? I think he's got a new number if you can't get hold of him, let me know and I'll send you his number.

Think I should have asked for more for that headlining fella, seems to have a lot of interest lol. Going up to Center Gravity on Thursday so will let you know how I get on!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Small update, having my flywheel surface ground next week providing we can clock off a good surface to make sure the damage to be ground off will be paralell to the outside of the flywheel, if its within 0.05 flat across all points it'll be ok. Lucky to have the facilities in work to do it really.

Also had my snap off steering wheel boss tapped and thread to take my new Sparco streering wheel.

This is the wheel, bit mine is all leather and silver horn buttons, i got it very cheap brand new so if i dont like it its no big deal.

http://performancedivision.com/PD/pictures/Sparco/Wheel/Street/Mugello Silver.jpg

All the cream interior parts are gettin dropped off to be flocked tonight as well, cant wait to see the nomad pillar pod flocked!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Ta. lol.

Flywheel is done, i'll grab some pics later, had to take ~0.65mm off the mounting surface. Was alll nice and flat as well so thats good news.

Now, been thinking, shouldnt the bolts be shanked bolts to fit the flywheel as there seems to be clearance between the holes and the bolts?

Flywheel and clutch bolts on order and some serious loctite has been sourced, also picked up some box oil as well. :D

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Theyre gettin loctite'd, end of. lol. Theye not coming out in a hurry.

Started cleaning the crank tonight and im glad to say its coming up alright. :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
as it's had metal transfer in the past (possibly from stress movement i guess) how about considering having it machined for dowels and get it pinned ?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Small update with no pics im afraid. Crank is cleaned and the flywheel has been skimmed and all bolted up, torque settings for the flywheel bolt is 60nm + 90° turn, no way could i get a 90° turn, i managed about 50 i reckon, i physically could not tighten any more, loctite from work added to new bolts and if this thing comes loose again i give up, but i really dont think its goin anywhere.

Now i need to fit the pressure plate and make up an alignment tool as ive lost mine, probably can use a deep reach socket for that with some tape and its time to put it all together.

My flocked parts have turned up so i can fit them and the roof lining as well after i finish with the sound deadening, pics are on the way when i pick them up tomorrow, but apparently the nomad pillar looks awesome.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
you flocked pillars and roof lining? thats what i was thinking of doing:(

suprised you couldnt get the 90degree. normal not too bad:shrug:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Phil I have clutch alignment tools if u need to lend them, should know by now I have most tools.... my ibiza is usually in pieces just as much as yours lol

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
you flocked pillars and roof lining? thats what i was thinking of doing:(

suprised you couldnt get the 90degree. normal not too bad:shrug:

Flocked the pillars and all grey parts, roof lining has been retrimmed in alcantara.

I thought that but i could not do it at all, its on there tho and aint coming off. lol.

Phil I have clutch alignment tools if u need to lend them!

Yes please, save me using a deep reach socket and insulating tape. lol.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I was using the longest bar i could get away with as its on axel stands theres only a certain length you could use. Plus i was twisting and lifting the engine up whilst doing it. The 60nm was easy, plus the next 30° or so, then it got super tight.

Fingers crossed now anyway, i know its been on for 18+ months last time and theres no way we put this much sh!t into tightening the bolts and im not sure new bolts were even used so hopefully this one will stay put, if not i give up and i'll burn the ****ing thing. lol.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
philw. im sure i remeber you saying you have one.....WOT box

am i right in thinking we only need to buy the no-lift shift version for the ibiza?

ta HoocH

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally got some spare time to work on the car last night and on sunday, re-fitted my interior, all flocked bits and alcantara roof lining is in along with teh clutch and gearbox refitted.

Need to do the driveshafts, starter motor, gearlinkages and clutch cylinder and generally put the front end back together and finally i can tax it and drive the stupid thing!

Then its goin into the bodyshop for the front end to be sprayed and a harness bar fitted and maybe some new seat runners.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.