My Mk2 Ibizas, Beetle, Corrado and Golf Cabbies + Jetta. Think I have a car problem?

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Yeah, no worries mate.........ill be at the EU mania thing in wolvo and volksdevil and the end of the month.

or you'll just have to wait till gti inters....

you coming to germany Ol ?.....dont think i can make the national meet anymore and Luton are doing a pre season tour of devon and i think ill go to that.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
I was struggling with insurance, cos they said I couldnt drive my car till I was 25 :(
So its either find some more insurance, or jump in with someone else and pay the petrol

Will be coming either way though

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Thats just my insurance, because of my car being 'high performance' hahaha never heard it called that before.
I mean they are nippy, but not sure they are high performance!!
Ah well, I might have my hands on a cordy by then, so might be able to drive that (althought it will be completely standard!!)

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
I'd be more worried about tractor stance and naf wheels/pain - but who knows.
As soon as I finish my year at uni I can get the dials on (got some thinner 15mm adapters) and some cashers for some ghetto camber.
Though depending on when I get this job going, and the money situation the Ibiza could be going in for paint!

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Thats why I want it, cos I could prob get away without one!!
Problem is that it would probably get ruined in hospital car parks - where I am doomed to park for the rest of my working life :(
Though that also means there is no point spraying the ibiza - pah

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Physiotherapy, finish in about 2 months time, but not sure a nice car will last long in a hospital car park :(

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Could do I guess, I'm not insured on that though, and no one else is insured on the cupra, so me dissapearing with the motor my mum now uses daily wouldn't go down that well.
Can I have a lift?

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Nice one!
Super fun road trip for all!!
If not could always try and jump in with shiny show cage man ;)
On a different note, how low will I have to go to run 15" rims, and how many things did you used to smack your sumps on???
I've been tempted by these, though not sure I will be able to get the bloke to do a deal
http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229623&st=0#entry2016324

Ollie

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
saw it already, you think i dont still look for rims ;)
doubt he will.
as for 15's , Im running on 60/40 lowing at mo and just have to go easy on the roads by my house where y'dad smacked his sump on the Bug

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Ah rite
That wasn't his sump, it was the whole bloody front beam!!!!
Nah didnt't think he would do a deal, but I really want some splits!
Want the dials too, but cant have everything :(

Ollie

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Im still not feeling the 7.5 wides I have on at the mo.. dunno if i just need to change the colour of the centres or what.. Im going to 'furb the bbs's as they need it but Im still on the look out for anything that catches my eye ;)

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
To be honest mate, I never liked them (untill you do a for sale thread and I sing their praises)
BBS looked the job, although i think u should have mad coloured centres ;)

Not sure what u could run with green though....... Bright yellow !!!

Ollie

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
i desperately needed to get something while I furb the BBs's so i ended up getting the 7.5's and the mk3 cupra rims (which Ive now sold on).. so I now have the bbs's in my shed ready for the weather to brighten up a bit so i can start sorting the dinks /scratches on them before they get a good sorting. if something comes along at the right monies though, I would go for them
:D