PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
loving the head lining fella! lol

Enjoy removing the sound deadening, its a right pain. With the sun visors just see if kinsy can cut the holes for you and get longer screws cos the lining is thicker.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
What you reckon? Wire brush and put it back on with extra loctite and heavier torque settings?

The flywheel marks are sub-flush and the crank end is proud, cant figure out whats happened.

Everything else was mint, the F/w was a lovely fit on the shaft so thats ok, but i didnt notice there was clearance on the holes to bolt the flywheel to the crank, is this right?

DSC07921copy.jpg

DSC07922copy.jpg

DSC07925copy.jpg

DSC07927copy.jpg

DSC07928copy.jpg

DSC07932copy.jpg

DSC07939copy.jpg

Some sound deadening removal. What fun. NOT. Only about a 1/3 of the way through as well.
DSC07943copy.jpg

DSC07944copy.jpg

DSC07942copy.jpg

Last edited:

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
wow. thats not good. id like to think the crank is ok. if not whyat a shitter.

id try a new/regrind the flywheel, clean up the crank and hope for the best.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I know, bad innit, i just cant work out what has happened.

Im gonna get the flywheel skimmed and clean up the crank as much as i can and re-fit and hope for the best, if i feel any bad vibrations or anything different i'll pull the car apart and fit a new crank.

Great.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Not at all, strange how its decided to come loose over a year after i put it on.

Dash is coming out tonight anyway, and i'll see if i can clean up the crank a little.

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
Not at all, strange how its decided to come loose over a year after i put it on.

Dash is coming out tonight anyway, and i'll see if i can clean up the crank a little.

I'm hoping it hasn't damaged any engine internals, we did drive a fair way with it rattling.

I can't remeber what bolts we used, were they spec supplied... or did we re-use the standard ones?

I'm gutted and its not my car!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Was all new bolts matt, i made sure of that. :D

I dont think it would have done any damage tbh, but im tempted to drop the pan just to have a nose about.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Was all new bolts matt, i made sure of that. :D

I dont think it would have done any damage tbh, but im tempted to drop the pan just to have a nose about.

I would, its better to be safe and check, rather than hope....

very odd how so much damage has occured though :confused:

jamiebennett81

I really dont think you should run a black sun strip Phil. I think it will look naff and a bit halfrauds

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah it is, im gonna see what its like without it first of all tho. If i do get one it will be the same as dinky daves, but with the logo in white.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Right, further inspection on the crank just now, the damage isnt actually damage is material from the flywheel so it can be cleaned off, so thats good news.

It just means the flywheel is either stuffed or needs skimming, but i dont know if that can be done.

So good news bad news really.

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Just had a full read through of this thread phil, i must say the car is stunning, so much attention to detail and dedication! :drool:And some cracking photos too. Shame about the flywheel, hope you get it sorted ok.

When you getting the dash flocked?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks very much for that, i hope it gets sorted alright. The crank wont take much to clean up so i got no worries on that side now, just be a shame to throw away a nice lightened, and balanced, flywheel.

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Certainly does! yeah, i't be best just to sort the crank even if its slightly out it could cause millons of damage :( Would the guy who did the last one not sort you another?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.