PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

cuprachrissy

i may sound like an absolute numpty but what does "WOT" stand for?! :blink: :headhurt:

Righttoe

100% Welsh *******
Jul 21, 2008
Bexleyheath, UK
Im interested in one of these WOT boxs, ive still got Ko3, that would be ok right?

Would it be worth a group buy? i know theres strict rules about this tho isnt there

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Been playing with the WOT BOX past couple of days.OH MY GOD its awesome, boost never drops below 10psi on gear changes and gear changes are smooth at high rpm. Launch control works well, but have not had time to set it up properly yet.

Sooo, Phil - have you got any vag-com logs showing what's going on during the changes?

I'd like to see: :D

Car's looking superb.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I will get them for you asap as i need to log the car soon dave. Might even go out tonight weather permitting.

Now, for some updates.

Im now working on the interior. Plans are:

Flock dash - end of the month
Fit my steering wheel and snap off boss - This weekend.
Fit second seat, hopefully this weekend if it turns up!
Make and fit harness bar.
Remove all sound deadening
Fit rear carbon doorcards.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Rear carbon door cards phil??? Ordered a set after did you? If you wanna double check pop over to ose and ask if you can use one of mine!

Enjoy removing the sound deadening :)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Went to Shakespeare County Raceway today for my first quarter mile day, managed 5 runs before time ran out, really enjoyed it even tho quite a few things hampered me.

I never do this sort of thing when driving so launching was a learning curve, first run was rubbish, 15.5, then steadily got better after that, but only got as far as 14.2 @ 97mph with a 2.2 60ft.

Think ive managed to kill a release bearing or my clutch between the 4th and 5th run which doesnt sound good at all changes gear fine and no crunching can be heard at all but on shifts it makes a hell of a noise as well as idling. ive also killed an abs sensor. The car felt like crap in 3rd and 4th as well, think i was running too much timing on shitty petrol. Oh well.

Box needs to come out asap now. Great.

Wot box was awesome tho, maybe too good as i couldnt get any traction until 3rd then it goes flat.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Im going to start on this tonight, plan is to get the box out asap and go from there, im also ripping apart the interior to get the dash flocked while the car is off the road. Will probably get the pillars and roof lining done in black as well.

ian_cupra

to heavy on your poor clutch :roflmao:

good luck finding out what it is though mate, hopes it nothing major thought.

not a bad time though concidering you not done it before and you had **** all grip :lol:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally started on the car the past two nights, havent done a massive amount, removed the bumper, well i say removed the bumper the thing got ripped off trying to get it into the garage! Engine brace is in place, and for regular readers you'll notice it wont be the ghetto engine lift like before! lol.

Intake, Bonnet, slave cylinder, fmic and all pipework, starter motor and front engine mount bolt to the box are off, driveshaft bolts and box mount are next before i can undo the bolts to get the box off.

Fingers crossed its the release bearing tho, which im pretty confident it is tho, and if it is i'll be getting a baffled sump, new oil pump and pick up and possible the bumper and bonnet sprayed as theyre off the car right now.

I'll get some pics up tonight of the state of the car as usual. :)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Pics of the car as it stands right now...

DSC07878copy.jpg

DSC07881copy.jpg

DSC07902copy.jpg

DSC07904copy.jpg

All thats holding the box on right now is the two top bolts and the mount, all of which are undone. I'll be taking the box off tomorrow.

Stuff taken out to do it..
DSC07883copy.jpg

Some of the stuff taken out of the car, door cards and seats are elsewhere...
DSC07886copy.jpg

DSC07887copy.jpg

DSC07888copy.jpg

Parts off to be flocked with theh dash soon, well not all of them but most of them. Wont be needing the sun visors as the new roof lining i have has the holes covered over. I could fit them or i could just run a black sun strip, what you reckon?

DSC07901copy.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Interior as it stands, i've removed the steering wheel now

DSC07890copy.jpg

DSC07892copy.jpg

DSC07895copy.jpg

DSC07896copy.jpg

DSC07897copy.jpg

DSC07909copy.jpg

DSC07910copy.jpg

And the black real alcantara head lining courtesy of dinky dave. :D...
DSC07914copy.jpg

DSC07913copy.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Box out tomorrow and crack on with the dash removal and if i got time i'll be gettin all that sound deadening off. Oh joy. lol.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Good progress, Phil. Unluck with the box though, not going to do 1/4 miles me thinks.

Thinking of stripping mine but its a daily driver so maybe not.lol.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
If you dont fit the roof liner then I will have it!!! There are still loads of hours left today to get the box and dash out :)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Any help on gettin the dash out would be appreciated. Thanks for the comments tho people. :)

Box is out and...... the flywheel boltys had come loose! They were new bolts and torqued up correctly last time so i have no idea how this happened.

Now normally i would just re-torque them and put everything back on, but i thought i'd take off the flywheel just to check, and i found the back side of the flywheel and the end of the crank had some damage, it looks really strange tho i'll get some pics up before i decide what to do tho.

Everything else looks fine tho, clutch is spot on, pressure plate, bearing etc.. all good.

All bolts except 2 came out with my fingers.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.