cupra epc/engine light £££££

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
hi folks, at the start of the week a couple of lights illuminated on my dash, one was the engine management symbol (yellow engine) and the othe read EPC which i think is the limp home mode protection... I took my car down to Seat yesterday and they have told me that the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE is physically broked, they then told me that it would cost £145.30 + vat + fitting for it to be fixed. Now as you are all aware this is not good at this time of year so is there any way to fix it without paying that sort of money, or is there anywhere cheaper i can but the part.

Help is much appreciated

thanks, owen

p.s. the part number is 06f127025h

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
they said its not warrenty because the engine cover was slack and that is what has caused it, its my own fault because i got a BMC filter in. i take all blame but i am just trying to limit the cost

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The engine cover/air filter housing is a piece of ****. Sorry to hear that. Might be worth trying VW stealers to see if the part is cheaper there.

So basically the engine cover damaged the FPR?

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
it is just a bmc filter using the normal housing, i know i should have checked for obvious things before i went to the dealer but i didnt think the cover would be loose. so i am not really sure what to do, i have phoned a mate that works for VW and he is trying to get a price for one... at least if i get it i think it will be easy enought to fit..

I am not sure where it is located to be honest but it must be up to and stick out a bit for the cover to hit it

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
wonder if its anything to do with the remap and requiring more fueling ..

I know there is an issue with high end remaps due to the fuel pump not providing enough quick enough... wonder if the additional strain at higher pressure is enough to break it?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes it did.

Owens car later developed an injector fault though which ramped it down on to 3 cylinders. That was fixed under warranty.

shaunymac

Auto Emocion
Jul 30, 2007
Basildon, Essex
Brilliant thanks for the reply mate, having a bit of a nightmare with the stealers at the moment they thought it was a fuel pressure valve so they changed it and still couldnt clear the fault so now they have spoken to SEAT and have ordered a new fuel pressure regulator fingers crossed. Thanks again.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
and mine has gone tonight , epc light followed by engine light , ran vag com , fuel pressure regulator valve open circuit , great , all i need on easter weekend.

car is in limp mode , but funnily enough its the smoothest and quietest the car has ever been lol , but deep down i am [:@] this engine is crap no thats not strong enough its f***ing crap , worst car i have ever owned.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
worst car i have ever owned.

Sorry to have read about all your problems. Yours must be a Monday morning/Friday afternoon car as it has had way more than its fair share of problems especially considering it is standard.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Sorry to have read about all your problems. Yours must be a Monday morning/Friday afternoon car as it has had way more than its fair share of problems especially considering it is standard.

yeah , funniest thing is it has cost SEAT thousands , just avis hire car for 3 more days , thats 6 already since march.
so certainly getting my moneys worth , just shame my car doesnt want to stay fixed :(

Al

Aug 29, 2005
yeah , funniest thing is it has cost SEAT thousands , just avis hire car for 3 more days , thats 6 already since march.
so certainly getting my moneys worth , just shame my car doesnt want to stay fixed :(

I have to say that if it was mine, I was have it punted on for someone else to worry about and there is no way I would look to modify it given its history.

Perhaps SEAT would be willing to swap yours for a similar car, similar mileage etc at zero/little cost to you? Not many other people have had all the bother you have ........

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I have to say that if it was mine, I was have it punted on for someone else to worry about and there is no way I would look to modify it given its history.

Perhaps SEAT would be willing to swap yours for a similar car, similar mileage etc at zero/little cost to you? Not many other people have had all the bother you have ........

tried it mate , they just dont listen.
when i phone up now it all goes quiet and you can hear the eye brows being raised lol

Poverty

tried it mate , they just dont listen.
when i phone up now it all goes quiet and you can hear the eye brows being raised lol

seat uk have 0 customer service. they are a waste of time/space/existence

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.