Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Just read all 28 pages... My eyes hurt.

Just thought I'd say thanks for the link you posted months and months and months ago for the wee tiny aerial, did a bit of searching from that and got one from eBay there now!

Thanks!

Lovely car.

Thanks mate :redface:

brad1

the shifter is different on ours, i had a look and couldnt see the pin :(

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
hows this little mod of yours working out? no cracks or weaknesses in the metal or anything?

Working perfect mate. All metal is in perfect condition too :D

the shifter is different on ours, i had a look and couldnt see the pin :(

There will be some sort of pin, either a ball and socket type link mine or just a pin with a retaining clip on the end.

How is the short shifter going? Pleased with it?

Very pleased with it, Mike. Wish I had done it last year when I first looked at doing it..

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
did you ever change the distance of the pin? i remember you saying 40% was a little to much.
when you going to do the sideways motion?

Yep, changed it after a few days. Its now about 25% and feels OEM :D Dont think I need to do the side to side one TBH.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
how come you wanted more travel in the shift? i mean going from 40% to 25%.
did you get pictures of where you moved too?
also have you got a part number for the bracket?

@ 40% it felt a little tight and not how I wanted it to feel. @ 25% it feels OEM and deffo shorter.

No pics but I can get some. Have a look in SERE Motors section for the part number, it you cant find it I'll dig it out for you mate :)

thanks you seem to be the answer to anything cupra mk4 when im concerned lol oh and kriso.
whats sere motors is that a link within the forum or another website i should know about?
i take it no amount of cable adjustment fixed the tightness at 40%? sounds like 25 is the way to go though.
thanks for always answering my endless amount of questions.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.