Cupra Wheel choice

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
you paying?
oh btw the verdestein tyres are ace loads of grip wet and dry

I wish! If I could afford that my baby would be first in line! :p

I loved them on my R32, and when the tyres are shot on the cupra I'll be going for them again... Love the treat pattern too!

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
I've also read good reviews on the Vredestien tyres from Zboyd's review on them when he got his CK's.

I ordered these when I bought my wheel package at the back end of last year. There was a big mix up and my wheels were sent out to another customer who ordered them with Falkens. Anyway the supplier couldnt get on more Vredestiens for me quickly so I went for the nearest option, Toyo T1R's.

IMO they are a lot better than the stock Pirelli's. The Toyo's have excellent dry and wet weather grip, therefore I would high recommend them. Anther plus point is that they show no signs of ware over the three months I've had them on.

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
And I bet there is a fair bit less road noise too. Thats the worst thing about the pirelli's for me.

I never really noticed the road noise to be fair on the Pirelli's. All I hear now is the good old Milltek Cat-Bak:lol::lol:;). Just waiting for a good deal on the turbo bak which is costly at £500 - £600[:@].

I will be getting a Blue-Fin or Revo Remp in December, so roll on 300BHP:D:D.

Cheers

RickyD

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
I never really noticed the road noise to be fair on the Pirelli's. All I hear now is the good old Milltek Cat-Bak:lol::lol:;). Just waiting for a good deal on the turbo bak which is costly at £500 - £600[:@].

I will be getting a Blue-Fin or Revo Remp in December, so roll on 300BHP:D:D.

Cheers

RickyD

I have the stage 2 bluefin and TBE from euro jet with panel filter... Its not the same car that I bought back in october.... its fantastic fun to drive and noise it make is amazing!!

You won't regret doing anything you've mentioned above! [B)]

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
I have the stage 2 bluefin and TBE from euro jet with panel filter... Its not the same car that I bought back in october.... its fantastic fun to drive and noise it make is amazing!!

You won't regret doing anything you've mentioned above! [B)]

What is required for Stage 2 Bluefin?? Is it just a TBE + Panel Filter.

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Yep, thats all you need and they quote 320ish bhp.

They have just release stage 3 which you need the fuel pump for so I'm doing a few days overtime to get my hands on that and they quote 337bhp and 425nm for that!

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Yep, thats all you need and they quote 320ish bhp.

They have just release stage 3 which you need the fuel pump for so I'm doing a few days overtime to get my hands on that and they quote 337bhp and 425nm for that!

Cheers. I think Stage 2 will be enough for me TBH. So do you have to inform Superchips that you have a TBE + Filter to enable them to send you the correct map??

Cheers

RickyD

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
You purchase the standard bluefin and you can upload that to your car as is, then once you hav the necessary mods contact them and the upgrade to stage 2 is free!

You get to keep your original map, the stg 1 map and have the stg 2 also!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members