K&N on my 110

noblem14

just fitted one and was wondering what to do with the small vacum pipe that was plugged into the side of the air box - its the one that goes into the n75 i think - ive stuck a scre in there to block it off for the time being - ?

brad1

k&n panel filter will kill your maf over time, this is due to the oil in it, i would recommend a pipercross or green cotton panel filter ;)

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
That pipe is the ambient pressure source for the N75 and N18 valves, which control the positioning of the VNT vanes in the turbo and the EGR valve in the inlet.
They switch between vacuum and ambient, low and high pressure, to create a specific intermediate pressure which makes the vanes or EGR valve open to a specific, intermediate, position. Without a source of ambient, normal-pressure air for reference, the turbo vane and EGR valve positions will go haywire.

Get the screw out and find a suitable adapter to plug the pipe into the inlet just behind the filter,which will be the nearest equivalent to the position it was in in the airbox.

noblem14

That pipe is the ambient pressure source for the N75 and N18 valves, which control the positioning of the VNT vanes in the turbo and the EGR valve in the inlet.
They switch between vacuum and ambient, low and high pressure, to create a specific intermediate pressure which makes the vanes or EGR valve open to a specific, intermediate, position. Without a source of ambient, normal-pressure air for reference, the turbo vane and EGR valve positions will go haywire.

Get the screw out and find a suitable adapter to plug the pipe into the inlet just behind the filter,which will be the nearest equivalent to the position it was in in the airbox.

emm .... errr .... what would we do without people like you

bloody car went into limp mode -- -- i wonder why?

the screw has now been removed.

by the way its a cone filter

ive read that the oil can mess with tthe maf - but if you look into it properley there is also a lot of experts that say that the oil will not effect the maf, i would let the filter dry properley before putting it back after oiling - dont spray the oil with the filter on the car as well

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members