JMP

May 27, 2004
Your car looks very good and I think I may buy the same setup for my Cupra. How close was the install on the front with the strut and the tyre? I have 215 wide winter tyres on original cupra rims, and wondering if they fit ok.

Are the ARB links really necessary? I havent heard that driveshaft and ARB touching would be an issue with ibiza.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I have no problems with the front tyres touching anything. You should be fine with 215's, I'm also going for 215's for my next tyres.

Shorter droplinks are necessary too otherwise the front ARB would hit driveshafts etc.

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Ok, we have very strict laws so the mot guy needs to see a FR or 1.8T mark on the TUV paper..The V-MAXX webpage doesnt say 1.8T only 1.9TDI :whistle:

JMP

May 27, 2004
Damo: have you logged how much each of your tuning has changed your airflow (g/s)? I just remapped my Ibiza Cupra, with stock tuning max airflow was 148g/s and now remapped I got a maximum of 173g/s. My airbox, tip and exhaust are still completely standard. I did logging in third gear.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Damo: have you logged how much each of your tuning has changed your airflow (g/s)? I just remapped my Ibiza Cupra, with stock tuning max airflow was 148g/s and now remapped I got a maximum of 173g/s. My airbox, tip and exhaust are still completely standard. I did logging in third gear.

I never done any logging before mapping mate. When I was running stage 1 map with Forge TIP and Green panel filter I was getting ~160g/s (but I had a problem with the stage 1 and it was pulling timing back so g/s was a little low). I'm now running stage 2 map with open cone filter instead of panel filter and getting ~173g/s.

From what I have read circa 170g/s is normal for k03s on stage 1/2

What map do you have?

JMP

May 27, 2004
I never done any logging before mapping mate. When I was running stage 1 map with Forge TIP and Green panel filter I was getting ~160g/s (but I had a problem with the stage 1 and it was pulling timing back so g/s was a little low). I'm now running stage 2 map with open cone filter instead of panel filter and getting ~173g/s.

From what I have read circa 170g/s is normal for k03s on stage 1/2

What map do you have?

The map was put in by a local (Finnish) tuner, I dont know who made it because he didnt tell me :) But its a stage2 map and feels pretty powerful. Peaks at 1.3bar, I havent had time to investigate it further.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The map was put in by a local (Finnish) tuner, I dont know who made it because he didnt tell me :) But its a stage2 map and feels pretty powerful. Peaks at 1.3bar, I havent had time to investigate it further.

So we are both on stage 2 map and pulling almoste identical g/s :) although my boost is a little higher (1.5Bar).

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I was visiting the family today so poped down to the coast and took some pics :)

I think this is one of the best.

DSC_0448_HDR.jpg

I have some more good ones I'll stick up once I've gone through them later.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Cars looking good buddy , recently bought a 1.8 20VT in gunmetal grey my god they are fast had it about 2 months now finally got my shopping list for it :D

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Yeh well im going for a full exhaust from turbo back to start with then ill get it remapped ive heard from a few people its better to get it remapped after the exhaust then im gonna get myself a nice big forge fmit!ill also get myself a strut brace then in time some coilovers but money is the problem at the moment lol

Ive also got an MOT coming up in april and the brakes are needing done plus i have condensation in my passenger side headlight:( which im gonna try sort before i put the car in cos its an automatic mot failure plus ive jst recently put 2 new tyres on the front i went for toyo px1's only because i couldnt really afford the zero neros

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.