Proud Leon Cupra 20vT (facelift) owner

dead beta

Hi, I'm Graeme, I've finally came from the depths of poor cars and bought myself a 2002 52 Seat Leon Cupra 20vT (180) facelift model.
Found it in my local Evans Halshaw; 55,000 miles, Silver, £4495 - Which I thought was a bargain!
Full MOT and service carried out, I'm dead happy.

This is my 3rd car; 1st: Ford Ka:blink:, 2nd: '99 Hyundai Coupe 2.0SE 16v(137bhp), then this, and I must admit, it REALLY took me by surprise, the sheer acceleration and low end power, cruising in 6th is a joy!

OK so by now you'll have guessed I'm over the moon!

Over'n'out!

G.

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
Well done on your purchase.You will enjoy it I'm sure.
Say bye bye to your money if you spend too long browsing on this place ;)

dead beta

Haha I can imagine!

Mods on my list so far:

Forge 007 DV
Some form of TIP
Stage 1 re-map, no idea where to get this done in the north east!
Then maybe some little changes, new wheels/tires (Sportec Mono 10's/Falcons)
Maybe a new ariel etc.

Anything else will come as and when I see the threads appear. :p

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Mods on my list so far:

Forge 007 DV
Some form of TIP
Stage 1 re-map, no idea where to get this done in the north east!
Then maybe some little changes, new wheels/tires (Sportec Mono 10's/Falcons)
Maybe a new ariel etc.

OMG he knows how to SEARCH!!! :clap:

Welcome & congrats on the new purchase!
They're right you know - browse too much on here & all you'll be doing is overtime for mods instead of home improvements! :whistle:

Last edited:

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Welcome and well done you for using the search button :D

Nice list of mods there, the Forge TIP is excellent and will maximise the potential of your remap. Add a set of coilovers and a turbo-back exhaust and you'll have one very quick, very sorted car on your hands.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle

dead beta

Thanks for the kind welcomes!
I've been reading the forum for a number of months whilst I was on the Cupra hunt, originally I wanted the LCR but for the extra price and travel distance to get a "good" example, I happily settled for the 180, knowing very well it's remapping potential for alot less than the price difference between the 180 and 225, I have bills to pay too, :p

Insurance was the most surprising element, now I'm 25 and only have 3 years no claims, one car collision and 3 motor theft claims, my Hyundai was quoted £800 from Tescostly, for a 137 puddin' engine!:blink:

Then eSure wanted £590 for a 180 Turbo!:funk:

I will take all advice on board, thanks Ace, I have emailed DPM for prices and advice and they have reiterated the Forge 007dv and TIP as essentials prior to the remap. Happy me/Unhappy wallet!

I'm just about to order a Haynes workbook just for my own knowledge and possibly the odd job here and there.

When i first saw the car, I thought it had Brembos on, but upon closer inspection, the calipers have just been painted red!:headhurt:[:@]

Annnd breathe!

:)

G.

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
I'm just about to order a Haynes workbook just for my own knowledge and possibly the odd job here and there.
G.

Where from mate? I didn't think these were available yet or am I mistaken? :shrug:

Nice one on the insurance by the way - drive safe & enjoy it! :)

dead beta

Sorry, I thought being a common car, I could get a Haynes, but as it seems there isn't one.
I'll have a look at the golf MK4 or Audi A series ones and see how they stack up in terms of familiarity.

Sorry for the confusion!:whistle:

I sent an email to Custom Codes to see when they could come and remap my car, just waiting for an email then it's up up up and away - lickety split!

Also been on the phone to John from DesignerWheels regarding a LOVELY set of TSW Crofts but unfortunately, they're not made to fit our beloved Leons.:cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members