• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Worn Engine Mounts

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
What are the common fault/Wear of engine mounts? as i have abit to much movement on he engine for my liking...

Plus when i let of hard i can feel something banging from the engine bay...

Are these straigth forward to fit..Also would OEM ones be ok as i don't have BT power and aint doing track days?

O and does anyone have a simple guide on how to fit them...

Cheers

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
When the rear one went on mine it was just constantly knocking, it was really undriveable as it sounded like somone was just hammering my car! You could just push the engine easily. I didn't uprate mine as Seat messed up on the price so it got it for summat like £4.30 :D

It may be worth it for you to uprate um, with summat like the VT fast road engine mounts especially since your wanting more power, there will be a lot of strain on them already. Just a thought

Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Point taken

But My OEM ones have done 147k miles since new lol

Well there doing well really whatever mileage they've done, with the way you drive :D just joking mate :p

But if ones going would seriously look into uprating them, after all they weren't really intended for that much power

AaronGS

Jan 8, 2007
Lancashire
You are running a fair bit more power than they were desighed for and are constantly after more :)

I am no mechanic but from the instructions that came with my BlackForest ones replacing looked simple enough (bar gearbox one as I think sub-frame needed lowering). http://blackforestindustries.com/FSitems/instructions/mk3motormountinstructions.jpeg
I now have VT mounts and its held rock solid with barely increased interior vibration.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I've got some VT mounts to fit shortly Danny, even for my hybrid. I went for the front race and rear fast road mounts following the advice of Alex.

My standard set will be available within the next couple of weeks if you're interested, covering 64k

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Does anyone know if a company makes torque dampers especially for the cupra as it would help
to put less strain in the engine mounts. Mine feel a tad soft I must say. Could probably bodge a
universal one on easily enough if it came to it.

Emlyn

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise