Proud 130..? Owner

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Good to hear you got that sorted out, it seems they knew what they were doing and being firm with them has paid off ... the exchange they are doing for you I'd say is reasonable.

As for the colour, my personal preference would be Silver (I want my next car to be Silver) as it hides dirt and light scratches really well.

The best colour for a Leon I think is Yellow ... but should anyone bump into you the garage will never match the paint 100% and you would have endless problems (I did with my Ibiza).

All the best, wait till you feel the difference with the PD130! Remember... six speed, white dials, 96kW on the boot sticker! ;)

Aye, looking at the advert i can see the gear knob, and white dials, and the 130 sticker on the boot, and the red DI on the TDI.

Is there a noticable difference between the 110-130 then ?

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
6th gear is always handy, plus it's a PD engine, which is better :p

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
haven't driven either so i can't really comment, but i'd think so. probably more noticable in 3rd

230lb/ft against 170

Last edited:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Cool - glad you got a result that you're happy with.
It's true that it's probably MORE hassle to get a better deal (regardless of if they should or not) but as long as you're satisified then that's worth more than anything, so nice one, I'm well chuffed for you & your Mrs!

The colour, silver, will look AWESOME with black or anthracite wheels, to go with your Cupra R bumpers. You'll grow to love the colour I'm sure!

So enjoy the motor mate, drive safe & keep smilin', life's too short not to smile! :D:D:D

ps....what mod you getting with your £300?!?!?!?! ;) :whistle:

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Cool - glad you got a result that you're happy with.
It's true that it's probably MORE hassle to get a better deal (regardless of if they should or not) but as long as you're satisified then that's worth more than anything, so nice one, I'm well chuffed for you & your Mrs!

The colour, silver, will look AWESOME with black or anthracite wheels, to go with your Cupra R bumpers. You'll grow to love the colour I'm sure!

So enjoy the motor mate, drive safe & keep smilin', life's too short not to smile! :D:D:D

ps....what mod you getting with your £300?!?!?!?! ;) :whistle:

Hmmm, well..that £300 is just a bonus lol, already have some money left anyway..., what could you take the 130 to on a map without swapping the clutch out ? Some interior mods are first on the list i think, and a nice stereo..wanna spend about £150 @ trade price (will speak to my dad and see what he can get hold of).

Stubby aerial, tailored mats, possibly a gear knob, some hids, the silverline bulbs for the indicators to get rid of the fried egg effect, touran wiper (or fabia..pretty sure i prefer the touran though). The LCR body kit is a defo though, and would probably just opt for a standard dual exit exhaust or the LCR single one...

Wheels...i like the LCR ones and the ones that come on the FR+ ? Pretty sure they are the same just 18"/17" ? Or...RS6 replica's powdercoated black or anthracite ;) ?

Im not pleased you got that car.......means I now have more competition for silver LCR bumpers :D:p

Ide just buy em from seat @ around £900 and get em painted by a guy in the trade (dads mate), give him a car...everything will end up painted, give him bits of a car and he will do one of the best jobs you have seen lol.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Also...17" the best size to go for ? I mean..the arches wouldnt need modding, and the ride wouldnt be too harsh ? I take it 17" would fit...right? RS6 replicas look nice, cant see any of the LCR/FR+ wheels on ebay though ? Unless im doing a tard search.

Are these 17" ? Would love to end up looking like this..

dsc00173qy8.jpg

Last edited:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Hmmm, well..that £300 is just a bonus lol, already have some money left anyway..., what could you take the 130 to on a map without swapping the clutch out ? Some interior mods are first on the list i think, and a nice stereo..wanna spend about £150 @ trade price (will speak to my dad and see what he can get hold of).

Stubby aerial, tailored mats, possibly a gear knob, some hids, the silverline bulbs for the indicators to get rid of the fried egg effect, touran wiper (or fabia..pretty sure i prefer the touran though). The LCR body kit is a defo though, and would probably just opt for a standard dual exit exhaust or the LCR single one...

Wheels...i like the LCR ones and the ones that come on the FR+ ? Pretty sure they are the same just 18"/17" ? Or...RS6 replica's powdercoated black or anthracite ;) ?

Quick idea for the re-map, just to give you an idea - clicky

Aerial sounds good. Got my mats from local SEAT dealer, £30 if I remember correctly, black with red trim!
Loads of threads on suitable HID kits on here.

Wheels sound good too, LCR ones hard to get hold of though I think. RS6's done to death BUT still look good & as long as you like 'em, so what!! Replica's available on eBay to give you an idea of price.

Good luck & enjoy the motor! :)

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Also...17" the best size to go for ? I mean..the arches wouldnt need modding, and the ride wouldnt be too harsh ? I take it 17" would fit...right? RS6 replicas look nice, cant see any of the LCR/FR+ wheels on ebay though ? Unless im doing a tard search.

Are these 17" ? Would love to end up looking like this..

They'll look a bit lost in the arches unless you lower it as well. Welcome to the money pit!!! ;) A 40mm drop and 18s will look just right. TT Quattro Sport wheels will look great on that colour ;)

Clutch wise, any remap will eat your clutch a lot quicker than standard. Don't swap the clutch just for the sake of it, wait until it needs replaced and get an uprated one then.

Decat is very worthwhile as its not an MOT fail on the diesel and will help your turbo out no-end. Very cheap to do as well.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Im under the impression (correct me if im wrong)....

The front lights consist of..4 seperate bulbs ? One for high beam, one for low beam, one for side lights, and one for indicator ?

The HID kits just replace the main beam,, ? Any idea what bulbs the indicator bulbs are and the sidelights ? Ive seen pics of what look to be white LED sidelights any idea what size and where to buy them, and the phillips silverlines..what size are they ? It would be great if there was a set sticky thread up with answers to simple questions like these, ive searched but reading through 10 pages and you start to get tired !

And do the rear indicator bulbs take the same as the front indicator bulbs ? Is there any guides or can anybody offer advice on how to replace these ? Sorry for the noob questions but they look to be the easiest and quickest mods and look ALOT better than the fried eggs. Best place for the aerial is to just pop into the main dealer..ie citroen and ask for a c2 aerial, does it just screw straight in ?

Wheres the best place for a remap in the UK ? Theres dynojet uk near me but is that not just for bikes ? Something called a power commander that allows custom fuel maps to be inputted, is it the same on the cars ? Buy a box and get it mapped/dyno''d by a pro ?

Last edited:

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Quick idea for the re-map, just to give you an idea - clicky

Aerial sounds good. Got my mats from local SEAT dealer, £30 if I remember correctly, black with red trim!
Loads of threads on suitable HID kits on here.

Wheels sound good too, LCR ones hard to get hold of though I think. RS6's done to death BUT still look good & as long as you like 'em, so what!! Replica's available on eBay to give you an idea of price.

Good luck & enjoy the motor! :)

Do the mats from the seat dealer fit onto the lump type things that are on the floor ? Almost look like they secure onto it ?

what colour are the dials? 130/150 have white, 110/90 have black ;)

White, and on the rear of the car it says 130 TDI, the DI is in red, and it has a 6 speed box + reverse.

Edit, just read this thread...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194870&highlight=sidelights

People are recomending these for the sidelights.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product.php?productid=86&cat=6&page=1

The leon use 501 side lights too ? Most of my bikes have, the punto did too...

Last edited:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Do the mats from the seat dealer fit onto the lump type things that are on the floor ? Almost look like they secure onto it ?

Yep, you got it! :)

However I am presuming that all the Leons have the same lugs? Anybody?

Mine went straight in as the lugs must have been put there already by the previous owner. :)

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Yep, you got it! :)

However I am presuming that all the Leons have the same lugs? Anybody?

Mine went straight in as the lugs must have been put there already by the previous owner. :)

Will see what they have when the car gets delivered there, they good quality then dude ?

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Will see what they have when the car gets delivered there, they good quality then dude ?

Yeah, sorry not got a pic, need to sort out uploading pics on here as I can't find the lead for my cam, but that's another story!

They're carpet mats, nice n hard-wearing so far but only had the car since November.

Look good though. Have LEON in red on the drivers mat, black & red piping round the outside.

:)