remaps - where and BHP figures

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
not too keen on going with JKM as they only do the revo maps. looked at travelling up to p-torque but a 300 mile round trip is maybe a lil too much! or is it? will it be worth it?

i done that sort of millage to have mine done at P Torque, stage one on my diesel FR 182bhp and 282 lbft :D

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
yeah gonna go with p-torque methinks. good price too so it'd be rude not too. gonna use it an excuse to go ride at tamworth snowdome too!

possibly a stupid question, but when the car goes in for a service is there any risk the map can be wiped? can a stealer even tell its on there?

ed

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
I just had mine serviced & mot'd at the stealers on Saturday, and it was fine. I was quite suprised to see that everyone there raved about remaps! Just check before you get it done that they will flash it back on again for you if it does get wiped.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
yeah gonna go with p-torque methinks. good price too so it'd be rude not too. gonna use it an excuse to go ride at tamworth snowdome too!

possibly a stupid question, but when the car goes in for a service is there any risk the map can be wiped? can a stealer even tell its on there?

ed

Good choice mate ;)

The only way a dealer would be able to tell if its mapped is to take it out and drive it, and then they would have to know exactly how they feel to drive in the first place. No chance of it being wiped either mate, but if it did happen for some bizar reason I'm sure Will would flash it back on for you FOC.

Last edited:

gus

Jun 27, 2006
i had mine done from p torque and i totally love it, i have to admit it does transform the car , i got 184 and 300lbs of torque from my 130tdi, over taking is effortless and mpg is brill

def reccomend that place!!!

thanks will once again

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
When i was there i ask Will what if it was wiped off and he said just pop back with the car and he would flash it back on!

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
going to sound like a dumb comment but im kind of new to the whole turbo tunning stuff!
Ive got a mk4 cupra (180 BHP) with the smoothed airbox and green cotton panel filter and a cat-back exhaust and a dumb valve!

Going to be booking it into Star perfromance in a couple of months time to get a re-map and hopefully a tip if they can fit it.....what figure should i expect with all that??

Whats the difference between stage 1 and 2 maps??

thanks in advance for answering my stupid question!! ha ha

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
going to sound like a dumb comment but im kind of new to the whole turbo tunning stuff!
Ive got a mk4 cupra (180 BHP) with the smoothed airbox and green cotton panel filter and a cat-back exhaust and a dumb valve!

Going to be booking it into Star perfromance in a couple of months time to get a re-map and hopefully a tip if they can fit it.....what figure should i expect with all that??

Whats the difference between stage 1 and 2 maps??

thanks in advance for answering my stupid question!! ha ha

dumb valve lol.

Stage 2 is just a better map but it will need a turbo-back exhaust and Forge TIP at least. You should expect 200-220 with Stage 1 but depends on who does the map.

keano20v

K!ENO
Jan 1, 2008
stirling
alright mate . i have a fr tdi mapped mines myself . still to dyno . left my mates audi a3 2.0t . integra type r dc2 and corrado vr6 . diesels are the best to map by far tho.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
alright mate . i have a fr tdi mapped mines myself . still to dyno . left my mates audi a3 2.0t . integra type r dc2 and corrado vr6 . diesels are the best to map by far tho.

Not really, petrol turbo engines are much more tunable. That's where you see the higher figures.

T. Spark

Not really, petrol turbo engines are much more tunable. That's where you see the higher figures.

Due to what? More people tuning them? Im afriad both statements are aload of tosh. Neither petrol is diesel or 'more' tunable than the other. Its just you hear of 400bhp+ 1.8T's and you dont hear of the 400bhp+ diesels that ARE around

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise