Bhp

deanomite

Dec 21, 2008
Hull
Hi there chaps new to this so please be kind :)
I've got a 05 160 tdi Ibiza Cupra and i'm in the process of having the clutch and turbo upgraded (sachs and TD).
What sort of power do you think I should expect and what will it drive like cos it already feels fast?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
It is a Turbodynamics, could be stage 1 or 2 but without uprated injectors that will hit between 200-220bhp ish range if mapped right. Several tuners on here will be able to do a nice job with that :)

If it doesn`t get 220+ bhp it`s not mapped right if using a Turbodynamics MD376. Standard injectors will make 220+ bhp on any half assed map turbo permitting.

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
Mine was at the lower end post engine-rebuild with a superchips (fairly conservative) map, and custom code claims a max of 210 bhp these days, so I picked a number that seemed close.

With a more aggressive map more is deffo possible though :)

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Yeah but Custom Code/JBS cannot map hybrid diesels to save their lives. Who on this or any other forum with a hybrid diesel have had JBS tune their car? None maybe one if your lucky/unlucky depending on how you look at it. I was running 230ish bhp back in 2005 on a 1.9 PD and i wasn`t the first plus there have been many other since then.

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
Well the Fabia vRS (which IIRC is slightly heavier) with 201 bhp was very smooth and fast, also had a Quaife on mine so comparable in that sense :)

With 230 it would be more powerful still and a lot of fun :D I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Yeah but Custom Code/JBS cannot map hybrid diesels to save their lives. Who on this or any other forum with a hybrid diesel have had JBS tune their car? None maybe one if your lucky/unlucky depending on how you look at it. I was running 230ish bhp back in 2005 on a 1.9 PD and i wasn`t the first plus there have been many other since then.
I steered away from custom code when I rang round for quotes.
I asked the cost and the reply was "you wont get more than 220hp if you have std injectors"!2nd call was to Jabba I asked the same question and got £475 so they did my car thank god. I also tried RS Tuning, nice chap Jabba were closer to me though.
Glynn

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.