black diamond predator pads

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Cheers for the review JS; gives a few different options to consider when i'm next changing. Yep, they are definitely DS2500s; i fitted them myself in June last year and have done around 8000miles since. I've recently had the car in the Isle of Man; and the de-restricted mountain road can be quite punishing on brakes; and a number of my miles have been towing my kart about on an unbraked trailer which I assume works the brakes harder than usual. I'll keep an eye on them, but i can't see them lasting over 15k. (maybe wearing out as fast as tyres was an exaggeration!)

this is running them on crn disks yes? cheese graters with all those wide grooves.. and you are surprised the pads are wearing faster? ;)

tarox g88's do the same to pads, as well as crack from the root of the machined slots.

thats why i like both the ultimax and my own eliptical grooves, as function is still there but not at the expense of pad life compared to a lot of others

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Cheers Bill, just keeping options open for when I need some. Although the EBC Ultimax have my interest as well :D

SilverFiRe

Jul 5, 2011
East Midlands
well ive gone for these pads, lets see what they are like eh..

44quid delievered cheaper than oem jjurid pads!

ill post findings when i finally have the carrera 4pots on.

I'm also looking at pad/disc upgrade options as i'm doing the 288 > 312mm conversion on my FR - did you ever post your findings or can you comment now on how you found the performance of these pads? :)

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
There should be a definitive brake thread somewhere.
I'm after front disk and pads for my LCR. I don't have a big budget and my mechanic has quoted £125+vat for the front disks and pads. Can anyone recommend a mid range pad????

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Regarding mintex pads. I have them on at the mo. Constantly squeak and squeal and have done for a while. I have tried everything but they still do it. I will make up my own mind next time rather than be swayed by the garage. That's with Ultimax discs btw.