Mk4 Cupra TDIs - gradually becoming a rare buy?

CupraSmitten

formerly sjbvs
May 26, 2004
St Helens
I bought my car in March last year.

Planning to keep it another couple of years and then look for a very late model, i.e. an 07 or 57 plate.

However a bit worried.

When i bought my car in March, there seemed to be about 23-27 diesels on there typically.

Seems to have dropped.

Anyway, looked today and just 9 on there!

Not good!!! :cry:

Poverty

its because we are in a recession and less cars are being bought and sold ;)

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
I had to go to Southampton to get mine! And i stay in Falkirk,Scotland!

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
I had to go to Southampton to get mine! And i stay in Falkirk,Scotland!

:) Nice grey(07 plate) one for sale for at Parks in Dunfermline.On Autotrader site as well.Still over priced,even at the sale price.Been up for weeks as well,still no buyer.

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
:) Nice grey(07 plate) one for sale for at Parks in Dunfermline.On Autotrader site as well.Still over priced,even at the sale price.Been up for weeks as well,still no buyer.

Couldn't find a decent one in scotland at the right price, plus half of the ones i went to look at had been ragged/modified by someone who hasnt got a clue etc...

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
Couldn't find a decent one in scotland at the right price, plus half of the ones i went to look at had been ragged/modified by someone who hasnt got a clue etc...

:) You did the right thing.Nothing worse than buying someone else's used and abused.
Can turn into a bottomless money pit.
The one at Parks is a cracker.Only 7,000 miles.But £10980 is still too much.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Yeah people are holding onto their cars at the minute and dealers are reluctant to buy more stock, annoying as I'm after a Golf GTI and I can't find a single good one!

fullmonty

I bought my car in March last year.

Planning to keep it another couple of years and then look for a very late model, i.e. an 07 or 57 plate.

However a bit worried.

When i bought my car in March, there seemed to be about 23-27 diesels on there typically.

Seems to have dropped.

Anyway, looked today and just 9 on there!

Not good!!! :cry:

Hi , i was looking for a cupra tdi for about a month - was checking out auto trader and all the other sites everyday , like you say there are very few around that have low mileage and on a 57 plate or 07 . In the end i paid £10,000 for a 57 plate with 17,000 miles on the clock from the car shop megastore in northampton . The buying experience was awfull but i really wanted the car so put up with the terrible sales technique !! Great car tho :D

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
took me a couple of months to find my 20VT cupra, because i wanted a yellow one! Got it from chester in the end....and i live in aberdeen ha ha! Glad i did tho!!!

i was after an fr petrol for ages as my car was getting near its mot that was going to fail badly i couldnt find one locally anywhere but i sourced a cupra petrol about 150 miles down the road im happy that i couldnt find an fr now although i could have saved some pennies on insurance,i was only going to settle for black or grey.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.