Revo'd Ibiza Cupra R 179bhp! - knackard turbo??

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
Also, that peak power won't come at the top end - more like 3,500-4,000 RPM. If you're running right however you ought to be seeing a realistic 190 fairly easily so I'd get it on VAG COM

yea my peak power is at 3950rpm but just seems low! at the end of the day the only difference in power with the R is a mild map factory fitted, so when it gets mapped the orig map is gone then the car becomes a standard cupra! with a map on it! if you get what i mean.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
Did you get a before and after graph when on the dyno?

Try a different RR.

no because where it was mapped there was no RR!

um where i had it RR is where i always go! they tuned me and my mates punto GTs before and it was pretty accurate! its more than 20bhp out wouldnt of thought RR are that diff from each other! :confused:

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
yea my peak power is at 3950rpm but just seems low!QUOTE]

And it's for that very reason I never bothered remapping the K03 on mine (I test drove someone's before doing it to mine). It turned the car into a diesel but without the fuel savings!

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
no because where it was mapped there was no RR!

um where i had it RR is where i always go! they tuned me and my mates punto GTs before and it was pretty accurate! its more than 20bhp out would of thought RR are that diff from each other! :confused:

I'm not disrespecting the RR, it's just that if you had it RR'd before it got mapped then you could have seen the power it was producing before mapping. Perhaps the car was down on power anyway.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
yea my peak power is at 3950rpm but just seems low!QUOTE]

And it's for that very reason I never bothered remapping the K03 on mine (I test drove someone's before doing it to mine). It turned the car into a diesel but without the fuel savings!

well i would love to go hybrid but have no money atm!!!

wasted it all on my punto with a hybrid and ported head n stuff!!! lol it was rapid tho :D:p

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
I'm not disrespecting the RR, it's just that if you had it RR'd before it got mapped then you could have seen the power it was producing before mapping. Perhaps the car was down on power anyway.

yea i no mate! didnt mean it like that lol
well im going back to the mappers on sat so and gunna ask them to use the sps to switch it back to standard then get it re RR at same place and see if it is down on power!! trouble is thats next week! lol

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
If I was you, make your next purchase a FMIC and a turbo-back exhaust. You'll need these anyway if going K03 hybrid and they'll make the most of your current set-up. The power won't die off as quick as it does now and the power should be closer, if not more than 200bhp. This will tide you over until the funds are available for the hybrid set-up.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
With an unknown remap, blueflame turbo back exhaust and a k&n cone filter I made 202bhp and 240lbs/ft at JKM twice. Standard downpipe and exhaust is pretty restrictive. Just because the fan blower is big means nothing, it has to be pointing at the right place. And the standard intercooler is really bad, within three runs you can see the heatsoak effecting the power.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
If I was you, make your next purchase a FMIC and a turbo-back exhaust. You'll need these anyway if going K03 hybrid and they'll make the most of your current set-up. The power won't die off as quick as it does now and the power should be closer, if not more than 200bhp. This will tide you over until the funds are available for the hybrid set-up.

yea was thinkin of getting an fmic after christmas! but i dont wanna buy things twice so what would be the best intercooler to run with the hybrid for around 280ish bhp?

and is it better to send off a k03 or k03s turbo for hybrid?

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
yea was thinkin of getting an fmic after christmas! but i dont wanna buy things twice so what would be the best intercooler to run with the hybrid for around 280ish bhp?

and is it better to send off a k03 or k03s turbo for hybrid?

There's quite a few options on the intercooler. I've got the Forge one on mine which I'd recommend for the job. Other guys on here have succesfully made up their own so it's worth searching to see all your options (Forge option is expensive but can't knock the quality, performance, fitment, it's rated up to about 300bhp and you get warranty).

You'll only need a K03 if going hybrid. I believe they change the internals anyway so no point in paying extra for a K03S.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
There's quite a few options on the intercooler. I've got the Forge one on mine which I'd recommend for the job. Other guys on here have succesfully made up their own so it's worth searching to see all your options (Forge option is expensive but can't knock the quality, performance, fitment, it's rated up to about 300bhp and you get warranty).

You'll only need a K03 if going hybrid. I believe they change the internals anyway so no point in paying extra for a K03S.

ok thanks for the help, with the forge 1 will it fit with the ac and do you need to cut the bumper to fit? or is it just a case of bolt it on and connect up!

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
You won't lose your ac when you fit the Forge FMIC. There is a small amount of cutting required on the front bumper to make it fit but not much. I took my car over to them in Gloucester and got them to fit it for me but they'll supply you the kit if you want to do it yourself.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
You won't lose your ac when you fit the Forge FMIC. There is a small amount of cutting required on the front bumper to make it fit but not much. I took my car over to them in Gloucester and got them to fit it for me but they'll supply you the kit if you want to do it yourself.

how much for fitment inc kit??

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
I had mine over 2 years ago so prices could quite different now but budget about £700 all in. Best bet is to give them a call really.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Something to whet your appetite.....

IMG_6993.jpg

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
If your making the right torque numbers that sugests your meeting requested boost.
Do you have a SPS to try some different settings? Timing might be set wrong.

I had a similar problem (not woth Revo). I went on 3 different rollers and got 176 - 190 & 200 (quoted 210-215bhp). After doing some logging everything seamed fine, so I went to see the mapper (P-Torque).
After Will had done some logging on the rollers he come back saying there was a problem with the software. The map he put on was conflicting with the factory EGT map causing it to pull the timing back after the midrange (3.5-4k rpm). Apparently Will has only ever seen this problem 3 times and all 3 times it has been on the same standard software number that is on my car.
Now running stage 2 (p-torque) and made 230bhp :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.