Revo'd Ibiza Cupra R 179bhp! - knackard turbo??

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
hi people i had my car revo'd about 4 weeks ago and finally had it RR today and its only hitting 179.5BHP and 227FTLB torque which is 0.5BHP less than standard!!!
the torque makes it feel a little quicker but nothing that was noticable when it was mapped, and after paying £410 it doesnt seem right!

what boost should it peak then drop off to?
as im only hitting 18psi then dropping right off to 10psi?

thanks coxyboy

Last edited:

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
have you checked all the vac hoses are tight and none that are split? dead maf or n75 maybe? i recently went on a rolling road and only got 212bhp when previously got 249bhp .. turned out one of my intercooler hoses was split!

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
have you checked all the vac hoses are tight and none that are split? dead maf or n75 maybe? i recently went on a rolling road and only got 212bhp when previously got 249bhp .. turned out one of my intercooler hoses was split!

had a new maf bout 2 weeks ago, also had it RR with a n75 J valve aswell but was worse and only made 174BHP!! changed all the vac hoses when i did the n249 and n112 bypasses! pretty sure none of the intercooler hoses are split!! have had 2 blow off but checked them when i put them back on and all was good!

would i benefit from using vag com to log desired boost vs actual boost??

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Black Cupra R - nice, rarer than rocking horse ****.

Get it on VAG COM and log block 115 for specified boost vs actual boost and scan for fault codes

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Gotta be one of the lowest R's and even cupra's in the country. When i was buying mine back in april... i went to see a normal cupra and that only had 35k on it.... but it was onvi and every panel was a different shade of yellow!

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
Gotta be one of the lowest R's and even cupra's in the country. When i was buying mine back in april... i went to see a normal cupra and that only had 35k on it.... but it was onvi and every panel was a different shade of yellow!

yea i no i love driving it and have already 45000 miles on it now!

also does anyone no the peak and redline boost figures??

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Have you got any other mods on the car other than what's in your sig?

Do the checks the others have said but as yours is an 'R' model I wouldn't be expecting much more BHP than standard anyway, maybe 190bhp tops with your mods. The power curve should be fatter due the boost increase but the K03 won't be seeing high boost pressure once past 4500rpm. How many runs were done on the RR? Might be a case of heatsoak setting in as the SMIC is crap and things get hot quick.

If everything checks out ok, consider a full turbo-back exhaust and FMIC. This might see you the right side of 200bhp.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
Have you got any other mods on the car other than what's in your sig?

Do the checks the others have said but as yours is an 'R' model I wouldn't be expecting much more BHP than standard anyway, maybe 190bhp tops with your mods. The power curve should be fatter due the boost increase but the K03 won't be seeing high boost pressure once past 4500rpm. How many runs were done on the RR? Might be a case of heatsoak setting in as the SMIC is crap and things get hot quick.

If everything checks out ok, consider a full turbo-back exhaust and FMIC. This might see you the right side of 200bhp.

well revo quote 200BHP ish and 235ftlb ish! so would like to see 190+ at least, in its current state!
well im waiting for someone with stage 1 revo to tell me what it should hold at 6K or redline? but would of thought it would be more that 10psi as i was told thats what it holds with the standard map!

2 runs 1 with each n75 valve!
well i would dout that as it was a cold day today around 4 Deg and they have a massive fan blower! so should be ample enough cooling! thats why im quite dissapointed with 179bhp! :cry:

yea my plans next summer are too hybrid it and get 280+ :D thats when i save some money lol

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
By 6,000 RPM on a k03 and SMIC with Revo Stg1 you won't see more than about 12-14 PSI from my experience

After 5,000 RPM it dies, quickly

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
would of thought it would be more that 10psi as i was told thats what it holds with the standard map!

I've got the K03S on mine and that only holds about 14psi at about 6000rpm. I'd be surprised if the K03 would hold any more than 10-12psi at that rpm. Like you say, not much more than standard.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
I've got the K03S on mine and that only holds about 14psi at about 6000rpm. I'd be surprised if the K03 would hold any more than 10-12psi at that rpm. Like you say, not much more than standard.

well i cant see how revo can claim to increase bhp when at the redline its holding standard boost! unless there is other mods or more boost at the redline then there is no more power!!

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
The K03 produces more low and mid range power - for top end power you'd need a bigger turbo which would give you a trade-off with more lag lower down the rev range.

A decent FMIC will help hold that power longer, but the k03 is only a small turbo

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
The K03 produces more low and mid range power - for top end power you'd need a bigger turbo which would give you a trade-off with more lag lower down the rev range.

A decent FMIC will help hold that power longer, but the k03 is only a small turbo

i understand that but why do revo quote 206bhp for the k03 with a standard car if it never gunna happen?
still i shouldnt be less than standard bhp with a remap!!!

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
well i cant see how revo can claim to increase bhp when at the redline its holding standard boost! unless there is other mods or more boost at the redline then there is no more power!!

As I said above, yours is the 'R' version and these are known to put out slightly higher than claimed power figures anyway, so the difference the remap makes pretty much comes down to the torque increase. The trade off with this is that things get hot quicker due to more boost. Without sufficient cooling ie FMIC this could be robbing you of top end power.

Check all your hoses though, especially on top of the dumpvalve just in case there's a small leak somewhere.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Also, that peak power won't come at the top end - more like 3,500-4,000 RPM. If you're running right however you ought to be seeing a realistic 190 fairly easily so I'd get it on VAG COM

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.