The cordroid (ABF content)

walshc

Made a couple of changes to the Cordoba (2.0 16v SX) so i thought id have a thread - woop!

I bought the car a few weeks ago, not my fav colour, infact i hate red and red-ish cars, but it was too cheap to not buy it really
As bought

Then i bought some coilovers (one of the easyest suspension fitting sessions ive had :happy:) and gave it a shower

Also bought these, Audi TT 6 spokes, 17x7-1/2

And i sprayed them gloss black

Then my 4x100 - 5x100 finally turned up and i tried the wheels on the car - noooooo! the 225/45 tyres were too wide, going to have to have ghey, streched tyres YO!

So yeah, i then bought some 195/40 spine busters, polished and waxed the car for winter just in time for the glorious god urine to fall

Still got a few pics though, after a 20 mile motorway journey

And thats it
Next mods are brakes (anyone got any good reccomendations? i want uprated all round, discs and pads, getting braided hoses too me thinks)
Got a rolling road day on sat, then another in jan so im going to do a few power mods in that time space, plans are drilled airbox with performance pannel filter, head work (go on Ben, split that engine, make it easier for me hehehe) remap, poss custom 4 branch as there doesnt seem to be any for these - ANYWHERE! and full SS de cat system
Then work with the gearbox

Need my arches rolling too, and some attention to the rust devils forming on the rear arches, think that will be all bodywork wise

Performance tips/advice on all sectors welcomed

walshc

Cheers dude

I wanted the rs4 wheels, but no one was selling any at the time :headhurt:

walshc

The wobbling soon stops....... ;)

Is that when you get that horrible crunch/bang/scrape/more crunch/sparks sequence? :happy:

Cheers truCido [B)]
And yeah i am joking :p im not a complete noob

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Loving the wheels, makes me want to spray my ones black! Did you just sand them back and spray or did you go for a proper refurb?

walshc

Loving the wheels, makes me want to spray my ones black! Did you just sand them back and spray or did you go for a proper refurb?

Yeah just sanded them, well, scuffed them with 800 grit paper. Then cleaned > primered > 3 coats of hycote gloss black > flatted with wet 1200 grit paper > 2 coats laquer
Easy job, done in a day

Weejase :happy: nah youre not alone, when i joined i made a newbie thread and pointed it out :)
Also, take the number 8 out of the reg :doh: :happy:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
am i the only child that giggled at the last 3 letters of the reg?

reminded me of a Renault Scenic i once saw selling at work BL02 COX for some reason it's no longer a valid number :lol:

looking good though walshC

walshc

LMAO blo 2 cox :happy:

Cheers for the link grim, might get a set for summer [B)]

grim1987

Aug 3, 2008
Wickford
no worries fella, was gonna go for a set of polished face/black backed ones at first but decided the gun metal was better for the car.

Cant wait for summer, all better for showin off in the sun shine

walshc

Cheers guys

Grim, nah, no major plans for bodywork, just getting the arches rolled and then getting the bubbly/rusty parts sorted

Ive just got back from the rolling road day, the damn thing has lost 16bhp over the 11 years :whistle: :happy:
The guy said it could be cam timing? as the torque is quite flat, anyone have any solutions?
Heres pics of the graphs

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.