The cordroid (ABF content)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ABF's are usually noted to be +15bhp on standard more or less so might be loosing more than ya think

it's not a 1.8 is it ?

walshc

Grrr, thats cheered me up even more :(:happy:
No, unless the previous owner changed it, its a 2.0 16v

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
hahaha sorry mate - ruin your day - just wondered as the 1.8 16v is around that sort of power and looks very similar

walshc

hahah no worries dude

Really? didnt know that. Wheres the engine code stamped on these? i`ll have to do some columbo-ing

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
hahah no worries dude

Really? didnt know that. Wheres the engine code stamped on these? i`ll have to do some columbo-ing

IF it's still readable (dont rub it) on a bar code label stuck to the top of the cambelt cover

If i was at work i would tap ya reg in and check the logbook but i think it's too new to be a 1.8 anyway

ABF 2.0 16v 150bhp
AGG 2.0 8v 115bhp
ADL 1.8 16v 130bhp

i think that's the one i'm thinking of but was 94-96 ish

walshc

Ill check that, cheers
My logbook says its a 2.0, and when i got it insured they knew it was a 2.0 16v too with just my reg, so it deffo came from spain a 2.0 16v

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
probably a wild goose chase just being 16v and the dyno power had me thinking a second then

walshc

Winter pics :D

Also got a brake upgrade on monday, tarox discs and pads all round and goodridge braided hoses :)
Damn credit crunch crap has left a bruise though :happy:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
is that a tripod in that last pic ? or the shadow of the grim reaper on ski's :):)

Last edited:

walshc

LMAO grim reaper on skis :happy:
Im on crutches mate, does look like im wearing a long cloak though :happy:

Cheers sooty, yeah the polo was a beast
Its weird with the loonatic, it feels quicker than this but its actually not :confused: must be because its all rickety :D

walshc

Nearly crashed the cordroid saturday night :censored:
I was droping my cousin off at work, came to the end of the road at a junction, pushed down on the brake, it worked then sudenly i had no brakes. Good job it was on an empty-ish idustrial estate and there wasnt anything coming, i had to go right out at the junction doing a hard left. I managed to stop the car using engine braking and a tiny bit of handbrake

I took the front drivers wheel off to find this (hole in the brake hose, circled)

28a705w.jpg

When i took the wheel off, the hose was actually more up in the arch, closer to the blue adjuster rings, i had to pull it down to get the pic

Looks like it wasnt clamped to the sus strut, (passenger side isnt either, i havent took the wheel off to inspect the hose yet) and its been catching/rubbing against the wheel

Only had them fitted last monday, am i wrong to think for nearly 800quid i expected nothing like this to happen????

walshc

Yeah deffo, glad the road was empty too

As for being costly, im going to ring them up tomorrow to see what they say (manager wasnt in today)
Should i have to foot the repair bill because they never secured the hose when then fitted it?

walshc

Woop! got the car fixed, the managers were propper sound, really appolagetic too, came and got the car within an hour of me ringing then dropped it off all fixed a few hours later, after hours too :D
Even gave me some vouchers too :)
A couple better pics because im happy

Thats the last of the pics now untill i do something different :rolleyes: