40k Service and NOT Pulling the Same!

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Hi All, I had a 40k service done by an independant on Saturday. I supplied the oil (Mobil 1 5w30) and plugs (NGK Iridium) and they supplied the rest. I also had my Forge TIP fitted too. Now since getting the car back I have done just over 200 miles and it does not feel like its pulling like it was before the service.

Obviously it'll take a while for the car to 'run in' with the new plugs and oil but surely not this long?

I have a K&N 57i which I have not yet cleaned only because it does not look like it needs it.

Any suggestions why it feels slower than previously? Can't be the TIP can it? Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
ok sounds like your running same as me spec wise and power wise!! in your mod sentance!!
MAF is my first place i would look mine did the same felt like it was getting slower and slower!! until i changed it, with my maf being faulty i had no vag codes wich was strange, but they soon followed!! so check this and let me know chap!!!

other wise im thinking very faint boost leak,have you got a boost gauge?
also run the lcr up to 70mph in 3rd and hold it there for 20secs?!!!
my lcr would pink/miss fire, some times i wouldnt notice other times i would!!

and last of all get iy back on the rolling road this will help to show if you have lost power!! thats how they found my faulty maf!!!!

good luck let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Its still pulling hard just not as hard as before the service. I'll get vagcom on tonight and check codes. I helped fit the TIP so all the connections should be ok but i'll check.

Could the car be refusing the plugs?

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
something to consider. spoke to dealer recently about remaps and theyre pretty sure that most places will download and update your ecu which wipes remapping

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Right its still not running the same. I'll vagcom it later but I have noticed something on the TIP.

Where the N75 valve goes the tubing to it is much longer on the Forge TIP compared to the original. Is it worth me cutting it down?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members