PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just a small update, ordered a new prodcut called WOT Box. Basically its no lif shiftiing and 2 step launch control.

Basically this allows you to change the gear without lifting the throttle, which helps put less strain on the box due to the ignition being cut for a short time when your at WOT on gear change thus the engine producing no torque allowing the syncros to mesh easier. Which also help keep on boost between gears.

The 2-Step Launch Control modulates the ignition by dropping power to individual ignition coils to hold the RPM you want to launch at. The turbo will spool up while you do this. You can use this feature for a more consistent and more powerful launch in boost.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Bloody wot box is stuck in customs. Grrr.

Insurance paid up, all mods declared same mileage as last year as limited mileage made no difference, 6 years NCB protect, 472.

I could have got cheaper, not by a massive amount, but Greenlight offer track day cover and like for like on mods. Plus its still on 15,000 miles a year.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
The no lift shifting will work i think without a problem, the launch control might be a little tricky, dependant on Revo settings for misfire count etc.. but we'll soon find out. It might put it into limp mode which i wont really know about as the boost wont be cut as i have a boost controller.

Will also be trying the TB rotated 90 degrees after readin some info on vortex about air flow into the manifold.

ian_cupra

90 degs makes a difference does it??? cant see how airflow changes by that??

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
WOT box is out of customs, one of the boys has it at the moment as he got one the same time, so hopefully i might get it installed the weekend.

Took some photos this weekend, messing about with the camera...

DSC07084copy.jpg

DSC07086copy.jpg

DSC07194copy.jpg

DSC07195copy.jpg

DSC07196copy.jpg

DSC07197copy.jpg

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
very nice phill...as always lol

so you still thinking of selling or..?

btw I think nice brembo's up front would look amazing on your car ;)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
wow! What camera u using? Car looks great. Whats the dv plumbed into, does it sound better there?
Sony A100 DSLR 18-70mm lense.

Not sure what you mean about the DV, its in standard position.

that last pic looks quality

HoocH

Ta. :D

very nice phill...as always lol

so you still thinking of selling or..?

btw I think nice brembo's up front would look amazing on your car ;)

Nah not selling now.

I got 310mm Wilwoods on there as well. :D

looking sweet

nice and shiney

Ta. :D

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Nah not selling now.

I got 310mm Wilwoods on there as well. :D

good that you're keeping it. Still wanting to go BT?

As for brakes, in the pics you just posted really looks like you're still on 280mm (front) with small callipers, or is that just me not looking right?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.