PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks dave. :D

Car started smoking a bit tho on the way home tho, need to see whats up, could be nothing as it has done it before then just stopped.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I'll be at E38 dont worry, my first one, tempted to enter the show and shine up there if they have a Seat section.

Thanks all tho. :D

cupra76

Your Car looks awsome mate i only hope mine will look as good when i finally sell my polo GTI and get a cupra that is lol

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Nah no updates yet, will be checking out everything on the weekend, its done it before so i'm not that bothered, its only a little amount of smoke, think last time it was down to my plugs not being torqued down enough.

Really need my rocker cover now, as i want to fit it and add some gasket sealant to the half moons and chain tensioner gasket to stop this bloody oil leak.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Its similar to oil seal problems like i had before, but like i've said its done it before when my plugs were basically loose compared to standard torque settings. Will need to check it out this week.

It happens when you blip the throttle, turbo seems fine but if it is fubar'd then, oh well, time to step up and play with teh big boys. lmao.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
ill check my plugs in a mo then. got a puff on let off and when cold

COME PLAY WITH ME, COME PLAY, COME PLAY AWAY!!!

^^you need to sing that bit^^

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Hahahah. I got it. :D

I used to get a lot of smoke whilst in gear and off the pedals goin down a hill, then put my foot down.

Plugs were pretty shitty as well at the time.