My Sexy MK4 Sleeper...{SCN's highest BHP 1.2 12v} Now For sale, pics page 17

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
26k without an oil change!!

I know it's only a 1.2 but would have thought you'd take better care of your engine.

Don't take this the wrong way but why do u guys bother trying to get more power out of your 1.2 engines?? It's allways going to be slow so why waste your time and money and just concentrate on improving your car in other areas??

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
Jking, i didnt purposely set out to get more power from the 1.2 as i know its always going to be a 1.2 like those people who as, can i turbo it, or supercharge it...im not that ignorant i did however realise that after concentrating on the other areas i was left with the last two things to do...exhaust and induction kit..not for power but for sound...it just so happens that in doing that (amongst other things ;) ) i increased my Bhp and torque by a significant amount...

im not one of these 1.2 owners who aspire to hit the 100bhp mark but i do however think that car modding is an overall thing, if i can get a great balance in looks then ill attempt to get a decent *relative* balance in power for the engine size...

not to mention the fact the car is only 26k miles old anyway so yes a bit over due but not as much as it seems...:) thanks for your comment tho :)

Last edited:

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
So have you sorted what was makeing it go into limp mode then ???

i believe that it was the lambda probe...i have since been under the car looking at the connector to see if it was grubby, gave it a good old clean and it seems ok...after i finish giving it the rest of the shiny new service parts ill take it up to AmD to get them to VAGCOM it...seems like there is no in the london area with the beeze vagcom :(

need to arrange a date with you to drop them rims off mate :doh:

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
Jking, i didnt purposely set out to get more power from the 1.2 as i know its always going to be a 1.2...But you do however need to realise that after concentrating on the other areas i was left with the last two things to do...exhaust and induction kit..not for power but for sound...it just so happens that in doing that (amongst other things ;) ) i increased my Bhp and torque by a significant amount...

im not one of these 1.2 owners who aspire to hit the 100bhp mark but i do however think that car modding is an overall thing, if i can get a great balance in looks then ill attempt to get a decent *relative* balance in power for the engine size...

not to mention the fact the car is only 26k miles old anyway so yes a bit over due but not as much as it seems...

fair enough, the thread just comes across a little like you think your 1.2 is the fastest thing on the planet, I mean even the title "mk4 sleeper" "SCN's fastest 1.2", a sleeper to me would denote an oem style car with big power, no??

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
fair enough, the thread just comes across a little like you think your 1.2 is the fastest thing on the planet, I mean even the title "mk4 sleeper" "SCN's fastest 1.2", a sleeper to me would denote an oem style car with big power, no??

well its not exactly a sleeper! But in the one year of ownership, my seat ibiza mk4 1.2 12v has undergone some very tastefull updates....;)
and i quote the very first sentance of my thread...

after all i have two fair points to make...

Sleeper as you described previously my car is exactly that ...OEM STYLED subtle modifications...'if you want to me to be thorough....;)'

and big power...well who can really say what big power is....after all anything in comparison to something smaller will be big power...

my 80bhp compared to a standard 64bhp 1.2 will be big power mate...Your cupra...(very sleek by the way :D ) will be a snail in comparison to the likes of a Ferrari F40 BUUUUT does that by any means mean that its not big power for what is? anyway lets not bore the thread with a pointless debate...ive cleared up that im not the typical 1.2 12v owner looking for silly gains...

i even changed the title of the thread to give it some more clarity ;):p

Last edited:

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
lol

owned49.jpg

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
Lol...not all of us have the commodoties to supercharge thier cars ;) as much as i like the sound of a charger....

im just waiting to hit 21 in nov then DIRTY DIESEL IT IS :D, at the moment really loving the look of the Bora, nicely euroed out... thoughts anyone?

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Lol...not all of us have the commodoties to supercharge thier cars ;) as much as i like the sound of a charger....

im just waiting to hit 21 in nov then DIRTY DIESEL IT IS :D, at the moment really loving the look of the Bora, nicely euroed out... thoughts anyone?

Good plans mate.
I dont understand why people are having a go at you for getting more power out of your car!!

Just about everyone on this forum wants to get the most out of their engine so why should the 1.2 owners be any different??
Just because we have small engines with no turbo's should we just leave them alone? Where's the fun in that?

Most of us have 1.2's as first cars and are all relatively young so cannot afford the insurance of a bigger engine.
You've increased your BHP by a substancial amount for a relatively small amount of money.
I sell well done matey!:clap:

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
Good plans mate.
I dont understand why people are having a go at you for getting more power out of your car!!

Just about everyone on this forum wants to get the most out of their engine so why should the 1.2 owners be any different??
Just because we have small engines with no turbo's should we just leave them alone? Where's the fun in that?

Most of us have 1.2's as first cars and are all relatively young so cannot afford the insurance of a bigger engine.
You've increased your BHP by a substancial amount for a relatively small amount of money.
I sell well done matey!:clap:

:redface: thanks mate...youve hit the nail on the head right there, most forget that the main reason a person would get a 1.2 is because of how cheap the whole driving package is, insurance, petrol etc etc..not because they want to build tarmac warrior beasts!

ill leave that till i get a derv! ;) but what type though??

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com

Bora Tdi been done before, just buy a Leon Tdi, same engine, lighter and better looking :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.