falken 452's, GSD3's or the new asymetricals?

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Haven't actually got my finger out to ring Camskill as yet, looks like Sheffboy's gonna save me the trouble so I'll wait and see what he turns up!

On further research it looks like the RFD suffix on the Mytyres description stands for Reinforced which are also referred to as XL so there's a chance they both have rim protection.

Sorry mate. didnt get the chance to ring them today as i was driving to Norfolk to pick up my new 18" split rims [B)] Sounds like camskill is the place though, reading the other posts.
They'll be getting £240 of my hard earned tomorrow morning :)

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
Sorry mate. didnt get the chance to ring them today as i was driving to Norfolk to pick up my new 18" split rims [B)] Sounds like camskill is the place though, reading the other posts.
They'll be getting £240 of my hard earned tomorrow morning :)

No probs, gave you a good excuse to gratuitously mention your new rims though eh!

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
aren't LCR tyres 225/40/18?

mine are :shrug:

that was a deliberate mistake to see if any one was paying attention
:redface:

actually, brian from Camskill says this:

All low profile tyres come with rim protection
Kindest regards
Brian

i'll edit my post incase anyone uses those dimensions to order the wrong size

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
mine arrived today... good service from camskill, great price and quick delivery

their delivery company even text me this morning to ask if i wanted them delivered today tomorrow or monday!

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
had mine fitted on wednesday at lunchtime
i also got a text from courier asking if another day was more suitable - brilliant service and another reason to use camskill.

have i noticed a difference, no i don't think so, but they do seem to be more solid that the continental that were removed and a little more road noise but nothing to worry about.
as for grip etc, i wouldn't have a scooby, and nope i don't need to test too much :)

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Nope not heard of them until saw on here. Just ordered a couple of Falken 452's for £160 incl fitting - not bad and much cheaper than the Eagle F1's i was thinking of getting.

That link shows the Falkens at £57 each! now that is a great price.

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
hmmmm good point, I always forget about delivery. Then of course there is the fitting on top....

Calling round all the garages it is amazing how much the same tyre can vary in price. Certainly worth ringing round if not buying off the net. I called one garage and their budget tyres started at £98 each. I wont even say what they quoted me for some Eagle F1A's!!

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
Just thought i'd report back on the Falken 452's

They apparently had rim protection, but my hankook ventus sport tyres on the back definatley have rim protection, as the rubber juts out near the rim, however, the 452's from camskill dont have this.

they were £60 per corner delivered, so i wasn't expecting much, however, i'd been letting them bed in for a few days and finally decided to give them a test yesterday evening.
All i can say is WOW
I was so impressed, for the price you cant go wrong, i had come from a pair of marshalls that the garage told me were "really good" however, they were more like wet bin bags.

I did notice the rears were starting to give way at about 70mph on hard corners (private road of course), so i think i'll need to get some 452's on the back now.

I dont usually drive like a joy rider, but last night was fun :)

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Yeah, usually recommended to stick the new tyres on the rear as a loose backend is a lot harder to control.

I'm getting all four corners done next week - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics £110 fully fitted at Wheels-In-Motion (price matched with mytyres website). Should be a big improvement over the Perilli's...

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
Just thought i'd report back on the Falken 452's

They apparently had rim protection, but my hankook ventus sport tyres on the back definatley have rim protection, as the rubber juts out near the rim, however, the 452's from camskill dont have this.

Yeah I had Michelin PS2's before the 452's and they had a definite rim protection lip on them whereas the 452's have a token gesture of a lip, not really proper rim protection imo.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
My uncle has a large car garage and tyre garage next door
He is venturing out into the online tyre market.
The website will be online in a few months, i've managed to wangle a deal for forum members

basically, he's going to try and beat any price on the net, he'll fit them free if your pop in (cardiff)
he can beat the 452's price, and is looking into the others.

......wish he bloody told me before i ordered mine from camskill!

onesoldsoul

My Garage says they've stopped making 452s!

I went to my dealer to get some falken 452s yesterday, as previously planned a few days earlier.

I get there and the keen young kiddy gets on to it, i did some shopping and came returned to the young fitter saying 'we didn't have the 452 as they stopped making them, so i fitted 512s instead!!' what a horror! the 512s are shite!

Any way while he was sorting out the tyres, the manager tells me Falken have stopped that particular model and some new ones of the same type will be out soon...he did not know what they were called?

Any way he had the last set of 452s left at another garage and got them in for today. They're good tyres so far

The Gimp

Is anyone thinking about trying the new Falken ZE912 asymmetrical tyres that have just been released? See link below.

http://www.falkentyres.co.uk

These got put on my sisters LCR the other day. Nice a grippy from the word go buddy.

I haven't used her car in the wet yet. But according to my bro inlaw there pretty good even in the wet.

All 5 tyres chnaged including balance and fitting etc £350.

Steve

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I've just had 2 Falken 452's put on the rear wheels on my Supra. Fantastic tyres for the money, bearing in mind they are £70 cheaper PER tyre for my car, than the Toyo T1-R's! :)

Deleted member 7729

I got 4 for mine the other day. Was hoping for two, but Micheldever said the other two were shot :(

At least when it goes up for sale it will have 4 x new tyres and 80k service. Plus the 5 x LC wheels

Pabs how is the new motor, gone through a set of tyres already ;) what size are they on the Supra?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise