Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetricals

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
If anyone needs new tyres soon, make sure you get these! Just changed the front two from the Pirelli P Zero Nero's and what a difference!

Not only do they look utterly fantastic but they've transformed the feel, traction and noise plus I swear the car is quicker!

Local dealer charged £119 balanced and fitted for each. Beat every high street Kwik-Fit, National and Budget in Edinburgh on price.

Winning all the Motoring mag tyre tests too!

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
:confused: they also were in the top 3 for wet weather grip and aqua planing(sp?) .. both of which were higher than the pirelli scored ..

Seems to me a win win tbh.

The only unknown is how long they last (i.e. how quick they wear out!)

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
If anyone needs new tyres soon, make sure you get these! Just changed the front two from the Pirelli P Zero Nero's and what a difference!

Not only do they look utterly fantastic but they've transformed the feel, traction and noise plus I swear the car is quicker!

Local dealer charged £119 balanced and fitted for each. Beat every high street Kwik-Fit, National and Budget in Edinburgh on price.

Had to replace two fronts whilst on hols in Cornwall, replaced from P Zero Neros to Kumho sport 94y XL at £96.70ea fitted - they seem to hold well in the wet [ had'nt come across these before so hope they OK?!!]

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
I use to run these (Eagle F1 ), nice grippy tyres. The side of the tyres can go quickly if your tracking is off or you're running a bit of positive camber etc , I had a pair go after 3000 miles once, that did involve a good few laps of the nurburgring though so not that bad.

I use to get them for 89 quid fitted, but that was a few years ago :)

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I currently have Dunlop Sport Maxx fitted alround, but the fronts are at the stage of starting the slippery stage.

Not sure what ones I'll go for next, as this is the first time I've run 18's.

I'm heading towards Michelin or Bridgestones.

Fish

PS. I would happily recommend the Dunlops, not a bad tyre.

matthewbentham

Cupra averaged 41mpg once
when you see that the front tyres are wearing down, just take the back wheels off and out them on the front and vice versa. just ensure that you only swap wheels on the same side i.e dont swap diagonally. I'll be doing this so I can save up for some Michelin Pilot Sports!!

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I currently have Dunlop Sport Maxx fitted alround, but the fronts are at the stage of starting the slippery stage.

Not sure what ones I'll go for next, as this is the first time I've run 18's.

I'm heading towards Michelin or Bridgestones.

Fish

PS. I would happily recommend the Dunlops, not a bad tyre.

I had Sport Maxx previously on my LCR, recently changed them for Potenza RE050A's. They're noticeably better than the Dunlops... but according to recent tyre tests, it seems the new Goodyear F1 Asymetric are even better again!

Next time I need tyres, I'll be giving the new F1's a try :)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
when you see that the front tyres are wearing down, just take the back wheels off and out them on the front and vice versa. just ensure that you only swap wheels on the same side i.e dont swap diagonally. I'll be doing this so I can save up for some Michelin Pilot Sports!!

so you have to buy 4 at the same time :confused::confused:

matthewbentham

Cupra averaged 41mpg once
i'd rather replace 4 at time as driving with tyres of different wear levels affects the handling. new tyres at front means you get oversteer (back end comes out), new tyres at the back means you'll have understeer (you turn the wheel and you continue going straight)

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I'd rather get oversteer than anything else. But then again I wont be trying that hard on a public road.

Fish

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham

Bad idea. Best tyres should always be on the back, so when the fronts wear down, buy new ones and swap to the rear. Only pay for two and ensure the best possible grip is on the back (the side you have least control of).

mad-for-tar

De-boosting
Oct 30, 2007
Essex...
Running Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on my Audi S4 at the moment, fantastic tyre, serious grip, both in wet and dry, sometimes the physical limits of adhesion are beyond my perception!

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West

Going to buy 4 of the Goodyear asymetric tyres myself in the next couple of weeks. Do they have a decent side wall protection on the 18's as the Pirelli's provided no protecton whatsoever.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There is a tyres test in one of the biggest car magazines in Britian this month
Good Year Eagle Asymetric came top (just) above Micheline Pilots so both very very good tyres
Pilots came out best for dry weather driving (for your conditions) Eagles came out best for wet (our conditions)